Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Give us your thoughts on Garages/Motoring Issues

Options
  • 18-06-2008 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi folks, anyone here interested in taking part in a survey on car buying, servicing, reliability and general motoring issues in Ireland?

You may have seen a couple of previous posts about our site whereby we are trying to promote good independent garages in Ireland and get people away from over expensive dealers if possible. Anyway as I've been researching this over the last few months I found it very hard to get any specific informaiton on peoples buying and servicing habits in this country. Many of us have seen results from the likes of JD and Driver Power surveys on Top Gear etc, but from my experience anyway, the service in the UK etc. doesn't match what we get over here, us being a small insignificant market and all that!

So, we've built this survey and it will be used to try and highlight in the press what exactly Irish motorists views are on the cars they drive and the garages that sell or service them. We also put in a section about importing cars to see where people are importing from and what they are saving and maybe we can use this as an interesting headline for the press in a few months too and see what SIMI say to that.

If you want to have a say, it'll only take you a few minutes to complete.

http://www.bestgarages.ie/survey08

Also, just to up front on this, this is my site yes but I think this survey will be something people will be interested in and it will be used to produce a view on our motoring habits in Ireland that isn't there at the moment, so it isn't intended as 'plug' for the site in general. Forums like this are a perfect way to spread the word (I also checked with Mods before posting this). And on this note, please pass the word on, the more people that take part the better the picture and the better the news story when we publish the results.

thanks folks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

just as an update -

We now have a snapshot of the results to date on some of the main questions on the page http://www.bestgarages.ie/survey08, this is based on data received up to this evening, working on having this updating dynamically but gives people an idea for now what people are responding and what they are saying.

if you haven't done or completed the survey yet please do so...would be very much appreciated!

thanks!

p.s. all comments on how to improve survey noted, these will be used in the next version and thanks for all who have responded to date.

Advertisement