Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome PM & Sig-Posts required

Options
  • 18-06-2008 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Firstly the newbie FAQ link is not a clickable link? But there is nothing in the PM about how many post are required for various things?

How many do I need to make (I feel forced to) to add a sig?

Bit weird that one, being for sigs? Can it not say in the message you get or is part of the fun guessing :p

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Ah yes, this is something I've been meaning to add to the templates since we changed some things recently (combatting spammers, trolls, etc)

I'll get those things fixed.

For the record, it's a minimum of 25 posts before being able to have a signature, post to a profile, etc. Posting on public forums is not restricted, apart from Soccer.

The logic behind the signature restriction (apart from discouraging spammers) is that you're hardly going to need one if you have less than 25 posts anyway :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

How many do I need to make (I feel forced to) to add a sig?

Bit weird that one, being for sigs? Can it not say in the message you get or is part of the fun guessing :p

It should probably say under construction :)

I believe this change came about only very recently to cut down on people signing up just to spam this site.

I'm not sure how many posts you're supposed to have have. 50 I think.
    If I find out for sure, I'll get back to you.

/edit
    jeez you're fast CuLT!

You can ignore that PM I sent you then.... ;)

Advertisement