Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Blu-ray reader & gfx card.

Options
  • 18-06-2008 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

Just bought the cheapo Dell Vostro and want to add a Blu-Ray drive and graphics card so that I can playback Blu-ray disks on my 32" LCD TV (HDMI).

I found this A-Open Blu ray reader on Komplett for €119.

Would this Sapphire Radeon HD 2400 PRO card for €30 be sufficent?

The machine won't be used for gaming and will have 3gigs of ram. Want to keep costs to a minimum.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Cheers D-M.

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Check out www.hardwareversand.de, they have LG blu-ray/hd-dvd combos for 90-ish euro - great to have the option of both considering hd-dvds cost next to nothing now. Postage is about 30, but if you're buying a few items you can get some great deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Check out www.hardwareversand.de, they have LG blu-ray/hd-dvd combos for 90-ish euro - great to have the option of both considering hd-dvds cost next to nothing now. Postage is about 30, but if you're buying a few items you can get some great deals.

Found the same LG Blu-ray/HD-dvd drive which works out at the same price inc. shipping from an e-bay shop in the UK. So no hassles with bank transfers for payment.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

There's a thread I posted on that will be of interest to you.

Advertisement