Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda's new hydrogen car = O CO2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Last post or last thread started?

YEAH saw that, but they are only leasing them,(to A list celebs) and huge problem with were you can get fuel.
    The only by product is water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 scab-e

This is a trial. It's not due for production before 2018
    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5is-WLvgmNMniTcwwWeDWidZkWRKwD91B8G8O0

How much will a hydrogen car cost? How much will a kg of hydrogen cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Dont worry by then the government will have VRT on water producing cars :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

scab-e wrote: »
    How much will a hydrogen car cost? How much will a kg of hydrogen cost?
    More to the point, who will supply it. Honda have developed the Home Energy Station line of hydrogen generators. This creates hydrogen from sunlight:

hydrogenstation.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Most of the cars are going to California because it has a higher number of hydrogen fueling stations than anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

JHMEG wrote: »
    More to the point, who will supply it. Honda have developed the Home Energy Station line of hydrogen generators. This creates hydrogen from sunlight:

hydrogenstation.jpg

Power your house and your car from hydrogen, and generate your hydrogen from sunlight. Sounds like a win-win situation to me, except for the oil companies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Unless that generator has some massive solar panels you ain't gonna be getting free fuel with it any time soon at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Hydrogen, you say?...
    hindenburgwv5.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭traco

Unless that generator has some massive solar panels you ain't gonna be getting free fuel with it any time soon at all...

It uses natural gas to produce the hydrogen, I reseached this hydrogen station a while back and I could not find any actual data for its efficiency. Everything I could find was vague and missing critical information but its early days yet.

Gas is approx 62c m3 from what I can make out but what that translates to in Hydrogen I have no idea.The Bmw Hydrogen 7 could use 50 litres of Hydrogen for every 100kms. It must be acknowledged that BMW had a hydrogen car in teh early 70's also. Still interesting all the same but it will not be free and I think it may not be cheap either.

Honda Link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

traco wrote: »
    It uses natural gas to produce the hydrogen

So, where does the Carbon from the natural gas go? Maybe it makes diamonds, too!

Advertisement