Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salman85 goes national. RTE Radio 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

purepwnage wrote: »
    sir how do u know he has been caught? ru like his brother or something?

i just cant win can I??

i get ZINGed for sayin he got away with it.

when i say he pretty much got himself caught i get pulled up on it.

leave me alone!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

kev_s88 wrote: »
    i just cant win can I??

Aw *hugs* :]

tasha1 wrote: »
    Aw *hugs* :]

haha much appreciated :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

andrew wrote: »
    Your powers of perception amaze me.

Has this person nothing better to be doing than ringing in a show about a lad who cheated in his Leaving?

They won't be able to prove it, so I hope Salman does well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

kev_s88 wrote: »
    i just cant win can I??

Well at least you weren't badly bruised by a monkey. Count yourself lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 purepwnage

fact that its national radio, it is independant of SEC catching him

Well at least you weren't badly bruised by a monkey. Count yourself lucky.

you make a strong point.

and i accept your point

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Has this person nothing better to be doing than ringing in a show about a lad who cheated in his Leaving?

Just because you woudn't do it yourself doesn't make it sad. You hope he does well? His unbelieveable smugness doesn't annoy you at all?

Hehe this thread is getting amusing.. But Salman still bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 purepwnage

can any 1 link to the podcast where the girl rang in? is it up yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Someday ... at some point ... you may get around to growing up. Good luck .o>

Also, congratulations are in order to someone who may (or may not) have cheated to boast about doing so and getting caught. Sometimes I hate the internet, other times I love people's stupidity on it and letting themselves get caught like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

Its on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Could someone describe what was said for those of us that missed it please? There hasn't been any so far in this thread....c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Inevitably

Back on ! now its the parents talking about fair play to them if they can do it, help yourself/ oh no my little darling told me about the other bold children etc etc blah blah whinge whinge

I didn't hear the thing myself, but the person was on complaining about Boards.

Fact is people cheat all the time. Salman got away with it. Its the examiners fault he wasn't caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Aren't you that devout Catholic guy that hates oral sex?

She wasn't complaining about Boards, she was complaining that he was boasting that he's gotten 500 points now and its cos he cheated

Its on now!

I like caught the end of something..

Aren't you that devout Catholic guy that hates oral sex?

You would think that....but no.

Hilarious, people texting and all, the invigilators obviously not awake! Leave Boards out of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Had the caller posted on the original thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

why did they remove the original thread? i really wanna read that now cos i sorta ignored it when it was up. plz put it up.

oh and i really think salman was just looking for attention. and he has definately got it. half the country is hearing about him. just show the ammount of attention you can get from cheating in the leaving. hey joe duffy i cheated* using a calculator! talk about me!

and wtf is with the joe duffy show. he starts talking about the leaving, then about crocodiles then about the leaving then about amputees then about the leaving again! wtf??? he's making us listen to all this crap to get to the good stuff.

*i didn't acutally

I didn't hear the thing myself, but the person was on complaining about Boards.

Fact is people cheat all the time. Salman got away with it. Its the examiners fault he wasn't caught.

The person wasn't complaining about boards, just about salman boasting. Yeah people cheat etc. doesn't mean that they shouldn't be reported for it if they're gonna be such a spa about it.

tbh it was complete rubbish.it was just some girl going on about how he managed to cheat and about how theres no proper measures to stop ppl putting down a fake calculator model on the answer sheet.

and she wasnt giving out about boards.she was just using boards as the reference point for all his stupidity in announcing it to the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 **simone**

What is the original thread???? is it still up???

**simone** wrote: »

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055315462

Apparently someone sent this to his school:
    Originally Posted by Letter to the OP's school
    To whom it may concern,

Recently a thread was started on www.boards.ie by one of your pupils . His user name is "salman85", a number of posters have identified him as Salman Hamid, and he has admitted he attends your school. The thread he started was as follows:

yeah i cheated my ass of in most exams, had a fully programmable calculator with 1 gig flash card, my examiner was a dope (love her tho she was nice <3) im sitting at about 500 points i would say, and unless something MAJORLY goes wrong, i have my first choice in the bag.

He has since deleted the post, however it still can be viewed because other members later quoted from it, example: http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...3&postcount=23

I took serious exception to the cheating, and especially the overly-confident manner in which the person boasted about it. I have reported the issue to the State Examinations Commission, and I am hoping the person can be found and duly punished. This is a serious issue, and although I realize Cholaiste Choilm tries its best to maintain its outside image (I live in the vicinity), I think that the full co-operation of the school is necessary. May I also add that the thread has received a huge amount of views and attention. The Irish Times has quoted from boards.ie throughout the exams and it is my belief the media will eventually find this.

Yours faithfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Original Thread

You'll have to read a good bit into it though to find the original unedited posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 **simone**

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055315462

Apparently someone sent this to his school:

Thanks a mill :)

Where'd you find that letter!!?

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill :)

Where'd you find that letter!!?

It's quoted near the end of the thread. Turgon quoted it originally, not sure where he/she got it from.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement