Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mapped drive problem

• 18-06-2008 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Upto about a month ago, I was able to map a drive to and access the folder contents on a PC acting as a file server.

Recently (about a week ago), I can map a drive to a shared folder on the same PC, but when I double click the network drive, I get the following error <drive letter> is not accessible. Access is denied . OS is XP Pro. I turned off the firewall to no avail.

I mapped the drive through the GUI and net use command.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Might be stupid question but have you checeked the permissions on the folder you are sharing out? In fairness they shouldn't have changed but still...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

How is the security setup? What account are you using to map the drive on the XP machine? If your using some local account, it may be locked out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

First off, it's a peer to peer network.

I had the permissions on the folders done previously, so I re did them, duplicated the clients user account details on the file server PC and it all of a sudden started working.

Very strange!!! All working now fingers crossed.

Advertisement