Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer jobs..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Postman-Layla

Something looks a bit dodgey about that site - anyone had any experience with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

I'm going to be heading to Amsterdam to work for a month. Should be fun ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭luke999

Something looks a bit dodgey about that site - anyone had any experience with it?

It looks dodgey ar fad. They are rounding all the students up to make briquettes out of them. The wages sound pretty decent though, is it just me or is the actual work itself a bit unclear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Postman-Layla

The wages always sound pretty decent on the surface of the world of call girls [/boys]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Myth wrote: »
    Chuggers?!

Yup the scratch card sellers. Good pay I've been told though.

• Advertisement

Nope it's not dodgey, ironically the guy who's number is at the bottom of the page is the contact I've been given for the Hanley Centre and 2 of my mates got jobs with them through himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

It's mid-June and only now am I thinking about getting work.

And that's only so I can play TF2 on PC. I don't need money for anything else. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

TF2 is only 20 dollars on Steam. (Also there's a free weekend on this weekend!)

I think next week I'll head into town and see what I can find... I can only work for a month so my hopes aren't high, but you never know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Davidius wrote: »
    It's mid-June and only now am I thinking about getting work.

And that's only so I can play TF2 on PC. I don't need money for anything else. :pac:

Quake wars ftw!
    It has class online play, and is immensely more fun than TF2.
    TF2 is good, but I was expecting more tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

I have been offered mystery shopping jobs all year but the money isnt great and i'd feel bad reporting someone for doing a 'bad' job but now desperate times...you know the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

The cost of the game is not the problem, I need money to upgrade so my computer will run on it. :(

EDIT:
    If the 360 version of TF2 was enough to make me play over 100 hours, I think the PC version will do me fine. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I have been offered mystery shopping jobs all year but the money isnt great and i'd feel bad reporting someone for doing a 'bad' job but now desperate times...you know the rest

OooOOOooh, mystery shopping! How much do you get paid and do they cover the expense of what you're buying? Sounds fun!

That summerjobs.ie site looks well dodge to me...is it in fact recruiting for chuggers when it says "fundraising"?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

I'll just go back to the job I had last summer. Harpist/entertainer/ medeavil princess in bunratty castle banquets :D

I want that job too!

Why am I only discovering now that there are more interesting jobs than retail out there?!

One job i was offered was to buy fruit batteries and wine(when i was under 18)
    You had to hide the batteries in the wine crate or something, kinda stupid.
    If you get away with it you have to get an older person to bring it back and hand them a letter telling them about the situation.
    I think the payment was €50 and you keep the fruit or something

But imagine walking back in and giving the letter:confused:awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

TF2 is only 20 dollars on Steam. (Also there's a free weekend on this weekend!)

I think next week I'll head into town and see what I can find... I can only work for a month so my hopes aren't high, but you never know...
    Just don't tell them that you're only available for a month, and then just hand it your notice. Hey presto, nobody loses*

*except the employer.

One job i was offered was to buy fruit batteries and wine(when i was under 18)
    You had to hide the batteries in the wine crate or something, kinda stupid.
    If you get away with it you have to get an older person to bring it back and hand them a letter telling them about the situation.
    I think the payment was €50 and you keep the fruit or something

But imagine walking back in and giving the letter:confused:awkward

Sounds cool! Do you have any contacts for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ive thrown my cv into about 9 places in Limerick so far, (gave in 5 today), I think im too late to be honest and its damn hard getting a job at the moment.
    Typical that just when im at the age of getting a job were in a recession. Ah well I got 4 years of college ahead of me so im not too pushed

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

1huge1 wrote: »
    Typical that just when im at the age of getting a job were in a recession.

If i've learnt anything from economics, and i have, this recession is all speculation...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I need money and fast.

Problem is I really don't want to work. Couldn't be bothered actually printing a CV. and going to the effort of actually handing it in, not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Why dont you just rob somewhere? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

MattD wrote: »
    Why dont you just rob somewhere? :pac:

or beg?:pac:

are non-existant this summer.

Its shoyyyt.

I'm just doing aload of promo work.. Tis great cuz it's all at night.. So i'm getting paid to go out.. and give out free drink.. which we usually end up drinking ourselves.. just check out jobs.ie. They are always looking for people.. You'll be most successful with moose events.

Yup the scratch card sellers. Good pay I've been told though.

But... you'd be a chugger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭leavo08

During the summer of 5th year I worked in a supermarket and got paid the following month due to knowing owners bla bla...and my pay worked out at 3.20 an hour....I wasnt 18 or anything,but what a joke!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

I got a job in a liquor factory. Mwahahahahahahaha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Peleus wrote: »
    If i've learnt anything from economics, and i have, this recession is all speculation...

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Myth wrote: »
    But... you'd be a chugger?

+1

I despise the Hanley centre chuggers. They're very unprofessional.

• Advertisement

Sean_K wrote: »
    +1

I despise the Hanley centre chuggers. They're very unprofessional.

In all due respect they're a bunch of un-trained under 18's, what do you except? People were looking for jobs, I gave them information of a place looking for students 1+1=2:rolleyes:

Beggers can't be choosers as the saying goes.

Advertisement