Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer jobs..

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

In all due respect they're a bunch of un-trained under 18's, what do you except? People were looking for jobs, I gave them information of a place looking for students 1+1=2:rolleyes:
    It wasn't a jab at you, it was a jab at the management of the hanley centre for not having properly trained staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sean_K wrote: »
    It wasn't a jab at you, it was a jab at the management of the hanley centre for not having properly trained staff.

Apologises.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

how wud 1 go about gettin a job at electric picnic/hi fi or any other event thats not the 1 we can't mention (i'm going to that 1)??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I handed in my cv in april got a call the end of may told i had the job
    (even told i could have a week of after the LC to relax)
    Class job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

how wud 1 go about gettin a job at electric picnic/hi fi or any other event thats not the 1 we can't mention (i'm going to that 1)??

Be very very lucky ;)

Actually if you're in scouts/venturers you can sometimes go for free and pitch tents, couple of girls in my year going to EP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

You really have to know someone to get a job at one of these events. I know people that will have very well paid jobs (relatively speaking) at one of them mainly doing a bit of manual work. As far as I know it includes accommodation for the weekend and everything, but they got the jobs through a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

+1

I despise the Hanley centre chuggers. They're very unprofessional.

especially when they try those puppy dog eyes, its makes me tell them to FCUK OFF rather than politely say no, oh how i had them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

Piste wrote: »
    Be very very lucky ;)

Actually if you're in scouts/venturers you can sometimes go for free and pitch tents, couple of girls in my year going to EP.

chief scout actually but I want proper money for the job!

Je suis drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Je suis drunk

hahehahehaaaaaaaaaaaa:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Je suis drunk

Well I don't think you're *supposed* to ask for money, but the girls in my year were saying that the people whose tents they were setting up were all very drunk and paid them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

You really have to know someone to get a job at one of these events. I know people that will have very well paid jobs (relatively speaking) at one of them mainly doing a bit of manual work. As far as I know it includes accommodation for the weekend and everything, but they got the jobs through a friend.

Yup you're right about having to know someone, I got it through a mate, got a job at the one we're not allow talk of for the 4 days and getting paid €9 an hour.:cool:

Advertisement