Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battle Field: Bad Company - good or bad?

• 18-06-2008 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Guys,

Just looking at the clips of the game on youtube, looks well good to be honest. some good stuff that COD 4 Didn't have blowing up the buildings etc.

Just wondering, will it be as good as COD 4. I find it hard to think that it will, but will probably get it anyway

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

IMO Its good, not better than COD4 though, I can see it having quite a good online fanbase. If you have access to the Internet download the demo and see what you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I really enjoyed the demo though I did miss the hot swap option you had in the other BF game. running across the field to catch up ala SW Battlefront was kinda annoying...

The character chat is very good and the graphics are GORGEOUS! Controls were good but the driving controls seems contradictive to expected if you knwo what I mean. It was all on the left side and I was trying wth teh right.

Enjoyeed it though. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I was hoping Battelfield Bad Company would have been a lot better than Frontlines Fuels of War, but I was sadly dissapointed.....

Not sure if i'm going to bother buying it, between frontlines and gta i've more than enough to keep me entertained....

Frontlines is one of the most under rated games on the 360....excellent multiplayer games, a lot more weapon variations and vehicles than Battelfield and I think it's a lot more enjoyable to play...

-1 for a dissapointing Battelfield....

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

i am quite impressed by the bad company demo just hoping the game doesn't fail to deliver now. i don't see how you could like front lines and not battlefield when they are very similar. i never really got into frontlines online. someone borrowed it off me two weeks after i got it (the week it launched) and i still havn't seen it yet. but at this stage i dont think i will ever getting into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I dunno its on the same level as cod for me.. ive been playing cod ages now and its gets boring... with this its different alot rounds aren't the exact same.

There both great games imo just cod got there 1st! Single player on BF should be good..

only bad thing is theres no prone???? serious???:mad:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Indie18 wrote: »
    i am quite impressed by the bad company demo just hoping the game doesn't fail to deliver now. i don't see how you could like front lines and not battlefield when they are very similar. i never really got into frontlines online. someone borrowed it off me two weeks after i got it (the week it launched) and i still havn't seen it yet. but at this stage i dont think i will ever getting into it.

You should get it back, it's an excellent game, I think most people who've only played it a little bit didn't even scratch the surface of the game...there's no other game out there that gives you such firepower, you can fly planes, helicopters, tanks, jeeps, drop nukes, loads of remote controlled buggies and drones....there's **** loads in the game...
    The online multiplayer is great, hardly any noticable lag, you can also talk, form sqads but a lot of people don't even know that....32 player online with no lag, dedicated euro kaos servers.....it's an awsome game....give it another whirl.....it's all out war!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

You should get it back, it's an excellent game, I think most people who've only played it a little bit didn't even scratch the surface of the game...there's no other game out there that gives you such firepower, you can fly planes, helicopters, tanks, jeeps, drop nukes, loads of remote controlled buggies and drones....there's **** loads in the game...
    The online multiplayer is great, hardly any noticable lag, you can also talk, form sqads but a lot of people don't even know that....32 player online with no lag, dedicated euro kaos servers.....it's an awsome game....give it another whirl.....it's all out war!!

You make a good case. Whilst the demo was fun I expected that the planes, helis etc. would be as pants as in Battlefield 2, or at least I'd be as pants at them as I was in that game as I still wear the same size pants. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

the demo from the xbox marketplace, is quality online, i cant wait for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

dazftw wrote: »
    I dunno its on the same level as cod for me.. ive been playing cod ages now and its gets boring... with this its different alot rounds aren't the exact same.

There both great games imo just cod got there 1st! Single player on BF should be good..

only bad thing is theres no prone???? serious???:mad:

No prone? aww pants. I like my proning.

I downloaded the Demo, but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

I really would like to get my 10th Prestige in COD4 though, hope I go back to it some time.

I am just about to start Prestige 6 soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Frontlines has just been patched BTW, got rid of that annoying sentry gun / spawn camper problem finally and fixed some other issues.

This is most definitely a very underrated game, it has a lot more offer than any BF game once you get into it and figure out all of the options.

Just try Oilfield with 50 players on a server with low pings, no noticeable lag.

• Advertisement

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Frontlines has just been patched BTW, got rid of that annoying sentry gun / spawn camper problem finally and fixed some other issues.

This is most definitely a very underrated game, it has a lot more offer than any BF game once you get into it and figure out all of the options.

Just try Oilfield with 50 players on a server with low pings, no noticeable lag.

50 players on 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/882/882183p3.html

Ign Review. watch the video review, the destruction looks great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

50 players on 360?

Yep, it has been done :)

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Yep, it has been done :)

man I only though it went to 32 was this an update for it or something? I played the game when it 1st came out and all I could get was 32 players?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Initial reviews are good. I think Game Informer gave it 92 percent

Yea I dunno what IGN gave it but the review was good.. hopefully this will take alot of poeple away from cod and get this going.. not that I dont like cod ive just played it so much something new is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Downloaded The Demo last night, And Im Hooked, This Is An Excellent Game. great fun to play, maps are unreral and the damage to buildings and battlwefield? brilliant. pre ordering it on way home from work today

EDIT: bought frontlines too - great game, but as soon as BF Bad Company Arrives it will probably become a dust collector

roll on friday!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Downloading it now :)

Trailer and reviews look positive.

I'm getting a little bored of COD4, the new maps aren't great, and I'm mainly a domination player, but have been playing merc tdm due to parties and loser clans playing in most public games...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I'm looking forward to this because I always loved the way you could destroy the buildings in Red Faction and this looks similar.

• Advertisement

For those interested heres the guide I think, shows points for ranking up etc etc all map stuff aswell

http://teamkillarmy.com/index.cfm?method=gallery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Wasn't overly impresed with the single player, I loved the speed and chaos of the last one, hot swapping only added to that and I miss it.

That said the single player isn't bad, but the on-line play is very good, I have reached the 4th rank and can't wait to get my free weapon in the full game.

Wasn't overly impresed with the single player, I loved the speed and chaos of the last one, hot swapping only added to that and I miss it.

That said the single player isn't bad, but the on-line play is very good, I have reached the 4th rank and can't wait to get my free weapon in the full game.

Sign up for there news letter on the site and you get another free weapon code!

did you get the code? or do you get it on launch? i signed up but have not got a single email, have you?

Korvanica wrote: »
    did you get the code? or do you get it on launch? i signed up but have not got a single email, have you?

I got it! You have to link your gamertag through your EA account its in personas!

work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

worked for me anyhoo

I got it! You have to link your gamertag through your EA account its in personas!

work?

yep, thanks - woo, the only one i wont be getting is the battlefield veterans one. Do ya actually have to play all of them? Seemed so when i added the demo.

EDIT: is it out today of friday? ive been hearing mixed messages!!! maddness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Picked this up in Tescos (Letterkenny) today...... they have broken release date obviously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

played a couple of games of the demo last night. got completely whipped and barely killed anyone :(
    where\how do ye get the anti-tank missiles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Played the demo last night, too. Was getting hockeyed for ages, then gradually got the hang of things and managed to pick a few people off.
    Scruff wrote: »
    played a couple of games of the demo last night. got completely whipped and barely killed anyone :(
    where\how do ye get the anti-tank missiles?
    If you pick the type 'Demolition' as your class instead of 'Assault' you get a Shotgun and Anti-Tank Missiles as your main weapons.

Advertisement