Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battle Field: Bad Company - good or bad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Scruff wrote: »
    played a couple of games of the demo last night. got completely whipped and barely killed anyone :(
    where\how do ye get the anti-tank missiles?

Be a Sniper and first chance you get unlick the LZ-537. Its the best anti tank weapon in the game. Snipers can rape with this if they have a good perch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Has anywhere near the city centre broken release date on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

grizzly wrote: »
    Has anywhere near the city centre broken release date on this?

Try Tescos man, i got it from there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i tried to play multiplayer on the demo last night and it wouldnt find any games. they turned off the servers for the demo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

how much is it going for - its €70 anywhere i've looked surely somewhere to get it cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll pick this up on Monday. Looks great from the trailers.

micks wrote: »
    how much is it going for - its €70 anywhere i've looked surely somewhere to get it cheaper

€60 in Tescos....

They have a special edition in Gamestop for €80 ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Bought it in Xtra Vision this morn' for 64 euro. It's great craic, think CoD4 with destructable environments and humour.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Got it this morning. Turned it on and couldnt believe how fuzzy the graphics looked especially on "foggy" maps. Went to play mp straight away. Pretty good bar some things. However was well annoyed when I discovered that there was only one game mode. Heard they were releasing conquest at the end of the summer. Dont think Ill be playing constantly until then. Im back to COD now but will throw it on later again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Tried the demo of this last night. So it still works Scruff! Good to see they've improved the training mode/single player, pity there were no Helicopters in the training though, could not get the hang of them at all!

The multiplayer really impressed me though, I'll definitely be picking this up over the weekend. It may have taken 4 years or so but there's finally a decent Battlefield game on consoles - but with destructable environments! I barged my way into the plantation area in a tank (the crappy one with constant firing) just as my team lost the gold there and it became the enemy base. Suddenly like 6 guys spawned in front of me, a couple with RPGs but I just bulldozed through all the walls and hightailed it out of there! Awesome stuff! :p

I spent most of the game laughing like a loon at all the crazy stuff you can do and funny stuff that naturally happens in games of this type. The unlock system keeps you playing too, just a few more ranks for that tasty weapon... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

got the gold pack for €70 in xtravision which wasn't too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Will probably give this a rent. No online game has really grabbed me and this seems kinda like Mercenaries Online based on what I've read. Not done too much reading on it so could be way off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Is this in Argos to buy and if so whats the price? And what is it in gamestop also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

I thought it was a let down over all. Although I did love the worms-like destruction of everything:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

it's €55.99 at play.com http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/3308501/Battlefield-Bad-Company/Product.html?cur=258
    I have been playing demo for last 2 days and it's good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Tried the demo of this last night. So it still works Scruff!

in my drunken haze i was actually trying to play Frontlines Fuel of War :o

:D

got it friday - its great - snipers are unstoppable in mp
    !, well i am as one anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Havent played Frontlines in a while, cos I was getting hammered in MP.. wouldnt mind giving it another go..

Been playing the BF demo and loving it, its next on my list

Picked this up today and i have no idea what im doing in MP. Great fun though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I played it yesterday and enjoyed the single player – the instant heal ability makes it a little too easy.

After getting a good feel for the controls I went online. Wasn't very impressed. I found it disappointing that there is only one game type. Hopefully more will be brought out (although EA would probably charge for this :rolleyes:). In general the games were a little too chaotic to be enjoyable – but maybe this will calm down when people aren't blowing **** up for the hell of it.

• Advertisement

Ya, the single game mode is just stupid. How they thought that would be enough is just stupid. But they apparently have plans for additional game modes at a later date, although they will probably charge for it as you say.

grizzly wrote: »
    I found it disappointing that there is only one game type. Hopefully more will be brought out

There's another multiplayer game type forthcoming as DLC (free I believe!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Has anybody else here experienced people constantly repairing flipped jeeps online and then ending up with ridiculous scores at the end of the game?

I dont know if its a glitch or not but there are people abusing it left right and centre. Its a pain in the hole. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Lol brilliant! I'm loving the full game of this. The single-player is pretty good craic too, the amount of destructable elements and ways to take things out really adds an extra edge as it would be pretty standard stuff otherwise. Like the first time I met a tank and he demolished all the buildings around me and the huge fuel tanks I was trying to hide behind! Luckily your squad aren't as crap as they appear either - Haggard took it out with his rocket launcher eventually as I couldn't find a rocket (checked everywhere BUT where it was!). Plus ramming into objectives you have to destroy in a truck with explosive barrells on the back but bailing out just before impact never gets old! "There's some C4 over there!" "Thats where it stays." :p Brings back the old tank-ramming-with-jeep tactics I always used in Battlefield 2. Good times. :D

Extra Free DLC was announced at the end of April http://kotaku.com/385037/bad-company-gets-more-free-dlc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

The gold version of bad company is 54.99 in HMV henry street, a 70% sale at the moment.

So i played a few games online then checked my stats online, alas it didnt unlock the weapon it was supposed to and i got no indication at all.

anyone manage to get it working?

Did you play ranked matches?

I Only play ranked,

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AnotherSociety

Only played the demo so cant say much but i dont think its worth buying will definatly rent it. Why are most of the E.A games crap online???Medal of honor, Army of Two the list can go on.......:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Battlefield aint **** online buddy. There are far worse games for multiplayer.

Advertisement