Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing 'FenceLife' from PVC Door/Glazing :(

Options
  • 18-06-2008 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

My neighbours inadvertently drifted 'Fencelife' onto my back door. Its a drift of fine droplets as you can see here. Whats the easiest way of removing this from both the glass and the PVC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Worried!!

Removing from windows and PVC should be easy enough with a cloth and a bit of soapy hot water, as the same happened to me last week. Getting it off the car tyres and bumper is another story all together!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Also try T-Cut from a car accessories shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭baguio

Thanks folks. Will try the hot soapy stuff first and head for the shops for some Tcut if the former doesn't do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Also white spirit???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

i used nail varnish remover on pvc before to remove something similar.......and no it wasnt my own:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

i used nail varnish remover on pvc before to remove something similar.......and no it wasnt my own:D

Acetone will wreck the finish of PVC if left on and not washed off completely. Given enough time it will melt in the stuff. Same goes for petrol, white spirits etc. though to a lesser extent.

Put some foamed polystyrene in petrol for an exaggerated demonstration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've been using fence life recently and it comes off hands and clothes a lot easier than any other paint, so I'd say hot soapy water should do this no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Sounds like those handy spray devices have a lot to answer for !

The problem with using them is this country is that there is always a wind !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭baguio

bauderline wrote: »
    Sounds like those handy spray devices have a lot to answer for !!
    Don't think theres any need for anyone in an estate to use them. The wall and windowsill got it as well ....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Oops. Best thing I've come across for dried water base paints, when not much else will work without damaging the surface.

https://www.upkeepers.ie/product.aspx?id=43

I've had no dealings with that company. Get it in many paint shops.

• Advertisement
Advertisement