Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking for Engineers

• 18-06-2008 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Found this site a few days ago. Fantastic - I especially love the adaptation of nasty spiderman diagrams to explain a recipe very quickly - it's done with html tables so I can't post an image quickly, but look at the bottom of the recipe on this page for a good example.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Sparks wrote: »
    Found this site a few days ago. Fantastic - I especially love the adaptation of nasty spiderman diagrams to explain a recipe very quickly - it's done with html tables so I can't post an image quickly, but look at the bottom of the recipe on this page for a good example.
    ROFL (BTW for the non-software engineers amongst you, they're actually called Nassi Schneiderman diagrams - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nassi-Shneiderman_diagram !)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No engineer who's ever used them in anger has ever called them anything but Nasty Somethingorother diagrams except during presentations to the boss :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Sparks wrote: »
    No engineer who's ever used them in anger has ever called them anything but Nasty Somethingorother diagrams except during presentations to the boss :D
    Yes, you're right enough there. I had the dubious pleasure of working in Germany in the 80's where these things were rife. They were known there as 'Struktogramme', and were incorporated into some DIN standard or another. We had no tools to generate the things and had to resort to using ASCII characters (+-_/|\) to draw them using a (rather crappy) editor. Those were the days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

*shudders*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Great site !

I've used it to make their Spicy Barbeque Sauce in the past and it's pretty much the only BBQ sauce recipe I use now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement