Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

road safety ad

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Brilliant ad, I wish the RSA would have the balls to put some of the Australian ads on over here. For some reason they're just more harrowing than the Irish ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I thought that was shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

AudiChris wrote: »
    Brilliant ad, I wish the RSA would have the balls to put some of the Australian ads on over here. For some reason they're just more harrowing than the Irish ones.

Considering the Irish/Northern Irish ones get used as examples of serious ones in the rest of the EU, I'm not sure they'd push the envelope that far yet...

Actually, as youtube isn't working here, I'm assuming this is a gory one, not an emotional mind-feck one? The emotional ones just don't work, really, as nobody gets drawn to looking at them usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Homer

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I thought that was shít.

Well if it came on the TV I would definitely have switched channel after about 30 seconds thinking it was a trailer for the sixth sense part II or something!
    It's far too long IMO?
    Anything that creates awareness for road safety is a good thing I just think this particular advert is pants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 chele

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AreDpDyAb68

what ya make of this, its neither emotional nor gory - unlike what some ppl think constitutes ads for rd safety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

"bugger" :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It's a good add but I think it would have been a better shocker if, at the end, the guy passed the breathalyser and the slogan was "you don't have to be drunk to kill someone".

Edit: I'm referring to the first add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

I don't think these ads work at all.

If you look at all the high budget ads that have been shown over the last 10 years say, all they do is make an already p!ssed off motoring public think well that will never happen to me, particularly the ones aimed at the 17 to 25 year olds.

As for the drink drive ads, while some people may actually take heed of them, the majority of harden drink drivers won't give a toss about the ads, when it comes to preventing drink driving, enforcement is what is required.

It's actually easily done, just park a garda car outside of the pubs at closing time, only the really stupid drink drivers will try and drive away.

If anyone remembers the Jimmy Saville ads for seat belts, that were shown on BBC I think it was back in the seveties, now they were effective and very low budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

WHITE_P wrote: »
    As for the drink drive ads, while some people may actually take heed of them, the majority of harden drink drivers won't give a toss about the ads, when it comes to preventing drink driving, enforcement is what is required.

It's actually easily done, just park a garda car outside of the pubs at closing time, only the really stupid drink drivers will try and drive away.
    Quite true. Most drink-drivers do it for the simple reason that they're confident of not being caught. And, let's face it, they're right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is it bad that my first thought for the Scottish ad was "I want that Golf"?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

that first ad is crap. goes on for so long you'd just get bored and switch over

the ones over here are much better, at least they are funny:)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cappo

Motorbike ad - I think that this one works very well - shows what could happen without the gore or sentiment. Would work for cars as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvsnGQchHn0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Cappo wrote: »
    Motorbike ad - I think that this one works very well - shows what could happen without the gore or sentiment. Would work for cars as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvsnGQchHn0
    Very good. Thing is it makes me want to get a bike, which kind of defeats the purpose, no?

Advertisement