Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions wanted - Moving to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Beautybeanie

Yes, but surely things have changed since 2003 and 2004?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Yes, but surely things have changed since 2003 and 2004?

Nope...oh, cost of living has got more expensive...thats it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Immigration has also increased since May 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Although there are a few new buildings most things stay the same. How to get somewhere to stay, what the areas are like etcetera.

As to
    I've been working as a beauty professional and makeup artist in film and event production for the past few years and have a good portfolio and extended clientele. I was wondering whether there'd be enough business for me in Ireland to set up a salon/service of my own and, if so, where do you think it would be well received?

Salon and beauty places are everywhere. You may want to start working for an existing one before making a decision on starting your own business. TG4 TV is only up the road in Spiddal if you fancy working for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Immigration is a wonderful thing .. the Irish generally like Aussies and Kiwis, 'cos we're not Eastern European. It's dreadful that this is so ... but I've muttered "God bless the Polish" more than once ... (I'm Kiwi).

That said, I wouldn't try setting up a small business here 'til I'd lived in the place for a while: the Irish are shrewd business-people but still success is very very much about who you know.

Give it a go ... you've got the passport so are entitled to make the most of it.

Just remember to bring an umbrella!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

JustMary wrote: »
    the Irish are shrewd business-people

bahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Immigration is a wonderful thing .. the Irish generally like Aussies and Kiwis, 'cos we're not Eastern European. It's dreadful that this is so ... but I've muttered "God bless the Polish" more than once ... (I'm Kiwi).

huh? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That said, I wouldn't try setting up a small business here 'til I'd lived in the place for a while: the Irish are shrewd business-people
    I assume by shrewd you mean robbing and by business people you mean bastards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Immigration is a wonderful thing .. the Irish generally like Aussies and Kiwis, 'cos we're not Eastern European.

Any examples?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

snubbleste wrote: »
    Any examples?

Doughiska :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Thinking of moving to Galway?

Have a read through this:

PIX

Read though...what, exactly? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Immigration is a wonderful thing .. the Irish generally like Aussies and Kiwis, 'cos we're not Eastern European.
    I wouldn't say that, IMO most of Irish found Eastern Europeans as nice people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

WooPeeA wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that, IMO most of Irish found Eastern Europeans as nice people.

Aye, all of the eastern Europeans I know are absolutely spot on people.
    I find Aussies to be a bit full of themselves, but can't say that I've met a Kiwi...

Before you start acting the pot calling the kettle black, can we not descend into ethnic stereotyping please?

If you want to illustrate your bigotry, could you create your own thread devoted to this ignorant and insulated cause. That way I can deliberately avoid such rubbish.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Am...what?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

downwiththatsortofthingmq3.jpg

It's all good. Tman's after explaining himself.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It's all good. Tman's after explaining himself.
    ;)
    I'm so relieved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement