Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ireland

Options
  • 18-06-2008 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm looking to move from Australia and am wondering what the job market is like in a certain sector. I've already written a thread explaining my situation so if you'd care to give an opinion, I'd appreciate it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055315426

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Hi everyone, I'm looking to move from Australia and am wondering what the job market is like in a certain sector. I've already written a thread explaining my situation so if you'd care to give an opinion, I'd appreciate it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055315426

Thanks. :)
    I do find it unsual for some one going from Oz to Ireland, It is usually the other way around (both in bad times as well as the good).
    I suggest coming here for a year (working holiday) with ties still below if you do not like it here, so keep those bridges alive in Oz. I would say the same thing for anyone going anywhere else or opposite direction.

If you do not mind the frequent bad weather (I mean rain storms in your language :o) with the occassical sun shine, then I say welcome to Ireland.:) you will not have to worry about getting sun burnt and the Ozone layer here, we got plenty of it. I believe the Ozone hole is reaching Oz.

You profession will well in demand since so many women have makeup on, and like to look good for themselves and their friends, for wedding, big nights out etc. There quite a few women with makeup pasted on, in thick layers, so education is a must too and will be welcomed. :)

Beware, there is lots of Limerick jokes out there, so welcome to posting on the Limerick Board we so proud to be the home of Irish rugby, and European champions. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i know M.A.C. are hiring in brown thomas at the moment, theres regualiry jobs going in there that could subsidise you til u get set up yourself. as for tv work, theres a few production companies in the area, send the CV out and see what u get back i guess. Limerick is probably the cheapest city to set up in to live at the moment, easy to access thanks to shannon airport, and the traffic is the best of all the cities. theres always plenty of jobs in beauty/nail technician going around, but ud have to be good to get a reputation, as im sure theres a lot of amateurs out there getting paid for rubbish work.
    good luck!!

Advertisement