Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you know, we did not vote NO to lisbon treaty--READ THIS--

• 18-06-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Did you know:- We never got asked to Vote on the Lisbon treaty, only to change the Irish constitution....

(Why did the ballot paper not have 'Lisbon treaty' on it?)

I did not read the ballot paper myself, did you...?
    See imagevoteno.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

irish147 wrote: »
    Did you know:- We never got asked to Vote on the Lisbon treaty, only to change the Irish constitution....

(Why did the ballot paper not have 'Lisbon treaty' on it?)

I did not read the ballot paper myself, did you...?
    See imagevoteno.jpg
    Yes.

The government wanted to ratify the treaty, but such ratification requires an amendment to the constitution (see the Crotty case) and such a change requires a referendum.

Effectively it was a vote on the Lisbon Treaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheIrishVoice

SkepticOne wrote: »
    Yes.

The government wanted to ratify the treaty, but such ratification requires an amendment to the constitution (see the Crotty case) and such a change requires a referendum.

Effectively it was a vote on the Lisbon Treaty.
    Dose any one even know What changes ther going to make to the constitution? it will in effect Leave us with no vote ever again on anything......

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

Dose any one even know What changes ther going to make to the constitution? it will in effect Leave us with no vote ever again on anything......

I am so lost in this............ like 500 million other people in the EU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

of course i read it,how would you know that you picked the right option otherwise?Posted via Mobile Device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

The changes to the constitution can be read here.
    It's in pure legalese, so good luck making sense of it ;).

As for it leaving us without a vote, this is blatantly untrue. Anytime a change to the Irish Constitution is proposed, a referendum is required. Lisbon would have had no effect on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

The changes to the constitution can be read here.
    It's in pure legalese, so good luck making sense of it ;).

As for it leaving us without a vote, this is blatantly untrue. Anytime a change to the Irish Constitution is proposed, a referendum is required. Lisbon would have had no effect on that.
    * Insertion of new Article 29.4.14:

The State may agree to the decisions, regulations or other acts under—

i. Article 1.34(b)(iv),
    ii. Article 1.56 (in so far as it relates to Article 48.7 of the Treaty referred to in subsection 4 of this section),
    iii. Article 2.66 (in so far as it relates to the second subparagraph of Article 65.3 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union),
    iv. Article 2.67 (in so far as it relates to subparagraph (d) of Article 69A.2, the third subparagraph of Article 69B.1 and paragraphs 1 and 4 of Article 69E of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union),
    v. Article 2.144(a),
    vi. Article 2.261 (in so far as it relates to the second subparagraph of Article 270a.2 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union), and
    vii. Article 2.278 (in so far as it relates to Article 280H of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union), of the Treaty referred to in subsection 10 of this section, and may also agree to the decision under the second sentence of the second subparagraph of Article 137.2 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (as amended by Article 2.116(a) of the Treaty referred to in the said subsection 10), but the agreement to any such decision, regulation or act shall be subject to the prior approval of both Houses of the Oireachtas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheIrishVoice

Forget the Lisbon Treaty This is what the vote was on:..........

The Twenty-Eighth Amendment of the Constitution Bill, 2008 was a bill introduced by the Government of Ireland in 2008 to amend the Constitution of Ireland in order to ENABLE ratification of the Treaty of Lisbon (also known as the Reform Treaty) of the European Union, so it could be enacted as scheduled on 1 January 2009. As part of the enactment of the bill

Advertisement