Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint/primer for a old beach house

Options
  • 18-06-2008 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Planning to paint a old house 1880s , never been painted and is situated on the coast,
    It's been powerwashed down and has a Tyrolean plaster finish and not chalky but I suppose it would be somewhat porous ,
    what is the best type & brand of primer/stabilser/paint. Want this to stay on as
    long as possible as it's an awkward job.
    Been getting conflicting advice about the primer if needed as opposed to all in ones, makes sense a dedicated primer is better but most paint shops saying not necessary, don't think a stabiliser is nessecary but again if it lasts longer then it's and easy roll, and off course the paint, have been advised 100 acrylic is only
    way but been told thats not the case too. Fleetwood weatherclad and santax masonary are the ones that have been recommended but its by shops which only seem to carry these brands.
    As I say price of the materials is not really a concern just the most suitable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I PMed you some info on this, but I'm not posting it for public view...tricks of the trade and all that.

Advertisement