Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid question time!

• 18-06-2008 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi,

My brother is in Thailand and can get a (legitimate) copy of GTA4 for between 30 and 40 euro. I presume there's no "region" issue with these as there would be for movies, is there?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

No region locking for games. There could be some issues with online gaming though, but I'm not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

Ah, that's great, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Is it for the 360 or PS3?

360 games can sometimes be region locked.

It's for the PS3.

You should be fine then.

• Advertisement

That's great - thanks for the replies everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Eh.......it IS region locked for the PS3. There is an NTSC version, and a PAL version.

As long as his TV can support a NTSC signal he should be fine. Most modern TVs can.

The PS3 doesn't have any region locking for games... well.. not yet anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

yea make sure that your tv is NTSC compatble, i got a game from the states and was using it on a like a flast screen led tv and it would only play in black and whit, but is fine on anyother tv in my house..no reigon locking only on blu-ray movies

Advertisement