Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on selling a Mazda RX8

Options
  • 18-06-2008 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Lads,

I am trying to sell my 2004 RX8 and it's been on the market for a while now with very little interest. I am getting it NCT'd tonight so hopefully I'll be updating the ad tomorrow to say it's passed!

See link below:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Mazd...31-BHP/990643/

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

Looks good
    nothing is shifting right now though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Given the amount of confusion among the public regarding the new road tax charges, I think it would be a good idea to mention that this car will continue to be registered on the 'old' rate.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

esel wrote: »
    Given the amount of confusion among the public regarding the new road tax charges, I think it would be a good idea to mention that this car will continue to be registered on the 'old' rate.

+1 any helpful info like that will ease the confusion thats spreading around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Price. Simple as that. The market it dead out there, but someone will want this at the right price. The question is, how low are you willing to go.

For example, I sold our CRV this week, it was a 2002. On carzone for a 2002 the cheapest was for 9,950 (high mileage) and the most expensive was 18,950 (dealer on drugs). I put an Ad in for €10,750 and sold for €10,000 straight. It was the best value for money out there.

Many people are emotionally attached to the price of their car. Get over it. The market has collapsed and if you *need* to sell it you need to drop the price. This will get worse as a car is a depreciating asset. For a test why not advertise it for say €12,950 and see if you get a call? You of course don't have to sell at this price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'd prefer it if we could keep allthese help me sell posts in the help me sell thread.

The OP has already posted there ...so ...closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement