Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Writer won't make dvds

• 18-06-2008 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I've been trying to copy out the trial of server 2008 on to dvd using nero but it keeps coming back with illegal disk. I've tried just unziping the files and copying them direct onto a disk but no go. Downloaded iso burner but it had the same problem.

I can't copy dvds! I used to be able to I hadn't needed to copy a dvd on this computer for a while so don't know what happened.

The drive had no drivers. I don't understand why it stopped working. The drive works fine other than that, it's always copied cds, although I can't test that now as I accidentally ordered 100 dvds instead of cds.

I'm using win XP pro,
    AMD Athlon 3000
    2gig ram

Should I just uninstall the drive restart and see if that fixes it when it reinstalls the hardware?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Will it read DVDs ok...can you make an ISO image from a DVD? Test the burner for writing CDs too. Also...try other brand blank DVDs...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

try with a CD
    some apps won't burn a CD image to a DVD nero may be one of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Might not be a help to you but Ive found Roxio to be a big improvement over Nero, personally. It doesnt have any quips about burning discs from ISO files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It was the write speed.

I was trying a different brand of dvd which had 16x write speed written on it, that made me remember that it said write failed at 24x.

Bit of a duh moment. :o

I would have thought the writer would automatically pick the correct speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

That's very surprising...Nero has always detected the fastest burn speed of any blank DVDs or CDs I have put into my burners and it won't let me write to them faster than that. Anyways...glad you got it sorted Scumlord

• Advertisement

Got that sorted only to discover the server doesn't have a dvd drive. ****!

That's my working day over, eventually got the dvd drive working in the server only to discover those mother****ers in Microsoft made server 2008 64bit only.

Advertisement