Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantity Surveying

Options
  • 18-06-2008 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I'm thinking of doing this course but I didn't do construction or tech drawing for my leaving cert, will this be a big disadvantage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Tefral

I literally graduated from this a couple of weeks ago!

its a great course, the fact you didnt do drawing or construction wont hold you back, but i will say you have to have an interest in the construction industry as you wont get far otherwise, there is a high enough drop out rate from the course because alot of people thought it might have been different somehow.

Getting a good grade at maths in the leaving is also an advantage as maths is fundamental to the course... anything else you wanna ask drop me a pm as i dont be on here much

Ps. there is serious money in being a QS aswell and there is always 100% employment out of this course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Welger

Liam2590 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing this course but I didn't do construction or tech drawing for my leaving cert, will this be a big disadvantage?

You and about one third of the class :o

Advertisement