Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to play fifa 08 and failing consistantly

Options
  • 18-06-2008 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

Ok so I'm from a pes family and hadn't played a fifa for a looong time. I got fifa 08 a while back coz I was intererested in the be a pro mode (so I could be a pro).

Anyway, I've gotten around to playing the normal game online but I am getting spanked a ridiculous amount. My problem is defending, I am absolutely baffled as to how I should go about it. In pes I had a very good tactic of having the computer close down while I cover any danger areas I see. I never had to think about it, it just worked.

Now to fifa and I've tried to defend the same way, staying as one player largely and holding down the pressure button and this doesn't work. I just can't tackle anyone. The sliding tackle can very rarely be used, so I'm left the standing tackle/pressure thing which for some reason I always lose out on. Even if I time it perfectly the guy just seems to breeze past my defender.

And don't get me started on crosses/corners!

Just FYI, I don't hate it completely or anything, I just feel like I don't understand it. Anyone got any tips or helpful advice?

Advertisement