Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religion:(

Options
  • 18-06-2008 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Anybody Got Any Ideas Bout D Reigion Exam?
    Doin Philosophy, Christianity, World Religions and The Irish Experience
    Realli Need Ideas!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Theres several threads about this already.

My hunch.

A - Greek Philosophy, Proofs of God
    B - Christology, Kingdom of God, or Expectations of Messiah
    C - Sacred and Profane, and then a more general question on 2 chosen religions

I do Religion and Gender roles for the last section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Jakkass wrote: »
    Theres several threads about this already.

My hunch.

A - Greek Philosophy, Proofs of God
    B - Christology, Kingdom of God, or Expectations of Messiah
    C - Sacred and Profane, and then a more general question on 2 chosen religions

I do Religion and Gender roles for the last section.

So we're talking the natural philosophers & the sophists yeah?

I'd be soooooooo happy if the sacred and profane came up, its so easy.

Its so hard to predict tho :(

It is a bit isn't it?

I'd reckon natural philosophers, sophists, Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, and be able to make similarities between them and philosophers from other eras such as Aquinas, Augustine, Descartes, and Nietzsche.

I reckon Anselm and the proofs of God could be up on part B.

Sick I hate all that anselm stuff with a passion. I always do the part A its sooooooo much easier.

Christianity book?! Any ideas there?

I'm doing issues of justice and peace, happy days :D

lovechem wrote: »
    Sick I hate all that anselm stuff with a passion. I always do the part A its sooooooo much easier.

Christianity book?! Any ideas there?

I'm doing issues of justice and peace, happy days :D

Christianity book, I reckon Kingdom of God, Expectations of Messiah, or at very worst Christology.

what religions do you all plan to compare? My two will be Christianity and Judaism.

• Advertisement

Ahhh sick. An evening of Christianity ahead of me tonight so :(

I love Nietzsche, he was such a gangster.

God is dead babyyyyyy :cool:

I compare Christianity with Islam. Cause I know Christian stuff without having to learn it and the Islamic religion is quite topical.

lovechem wrote: »
    Ahhh sick. An evening of Christianity ahead of me tonight so :(

Indeed it's featured in every section of my course, including the Religion and Gender, currently studying women in the New Testament and the Hebrew Scriptures.

Jakkass wrote: »
    Indeed it's featured in every section of my course, including the Religion and Gender, currently studying women in the New Testament and the Hebrew Scriptures.

mank. sooner you than me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Ye do Socrates etc??
    I dont do religion but that actually sounds interesting!
    I thought it would be all about morals ! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PolliPockets

religion and gender ne1?? IM SCREWED

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 looly

I'm kinda worried at some of your predictions.....

messianic expectations and characteristics of the kingdom of god came up in 2005. With such a big curriculum, they're hardly going to ask it again so soon

Socrates has been up twice, in 2005 and 2006, the Sophists and Plato have both been up once. My teacher gave us lists of the syllabus questions and it looks like they're starting at the top and working their way down basically, so i've concentrated on aristotle and the christian philosophers.

religion and gender? hoping its the feminist theology question!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 artstudent

This is such a hit and miss subject.We have a teacher but weve literally only had about 2 classes ever so Im now teaching myself the subject.There so much to cover though,Im dreading 2morow.I just picked the questions from the last papers and did notes on all of them,I just hope my study mixed with on the spot thinking just gets me about a C,did a pretty good project and another bit of study ahead of me 2night.Good luck to everyone,at least wel never have to do it again after tommorow haha.

You should be grand if you have a general idea of the subject. I got a B3 in the pre with no study or work for the past two years! IMHO BSing is something that comes in handy in this exam. I'm hoping for a high B with the journal. An A at this late stage seems like a bit much to hope for! It all depends on the paper for me really. Its my last exam I hope its loverlyyyyyyyyy!

Good luck! GOD WILL BE LOOKING DOWN ON US :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PolliPockets

there is no prediction people....its u on ur own, but I will give u 1 prediction

R.E examination

UR EXAMINER WILL BE HOLY AND YOU NEED TO ACT LIKE YOU ARE TOO. NONE OF THIS ATHEISTIC, Nietzche CRAP...U LOVE THIS SUBJECT:

60% Study
    20% Intelligence (I think therefore I am, um yeah Descarte perrrty obvious man)
    20% BOOOOL-****TTT

Happy Studying, I wish you good virtue

Advertisement