Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late July music festival for Tramore

Options
  • 18-06-2008 6:06pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Evening folks,
    Thought id give people the heads up that efforts are continuing to be made to organise a music festival in late July in Tramore. Will be located on Strand St. and will run from early afternoon till late evening. No name has been decided yet - so if you have any suggestions start firing away. Just waiting to confirm sponsors for the event including insurance. ogankav should have more news on that later this week hopefully :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

great news, can't wait to hear more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭flonge

Why isnt there going to be a festival for a whole weekend like there usually was?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

"Tramore the Merrier..."? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

"Beach Bop"

BayFest

TraJam

BayJam

BeachFest

BeachJam

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

flonge wrote: »
    Why isnt there going to be a festival for a whole weekend like there usually was?

The main sponsor, Diageo, pulled out. So the issue was with funds. There was another topic on that a while back!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Some of the bands that are confirmed:
    Spellbound

Another one but I cant read my writing :o so ill wait for gav to confirm.

Date: July 27th.

Help needed to keep Tramore music festival alive
    Wednesday, June 25th, 2008

Following the withdrawal of the main sponsor of TraFest, a summer music festival in Tramore looked in danger of sinking, but up stepped two local men, father and son, Geno and Owen Kavanagh with plans to keep the Festival afloat.

The ‘Kavs’ are putting together a programme for a one-day event on Sunday, 27th July on an outdoor stage in Strand Street from 2 - 10pm.
    Owen, a highly respected musician, has been involved in Trafest since its inception, playing in or helping out in booking bands.

Of course this venture cannot happen without the help of the public, and so the lads have called to local pubs and businesses in search of sponsorship. While support has been great from people around Strand Street a lot more is needed. It will cost approx €6000 to stage this event and the fundraising is half way there.

‘‘The festival is a free festival and will attract a massive crowd which will benefit Tramore as a town in so many ways, so we appeal to all Tramore businesses to get behind us”.

Bands confirmed are Dublin band Pugwash, Wicklow physcobillys Spellbound, google them and check them out, loads more to be announced.

‘‘We urge the tramore people to get behind us after all it’s for you and hopefully next year it will be back in full swing”.

Let the music keep your spirits high.

Contact Owen on 086 3967391 or Geno on 086 3612735.
    http://www.munster-express.ie/front-page-news/general-stories/help-needed-to-keep-tramore-music-festival-alive/
    Late July music festival for Tramore?
    Friday, June 13th, 2008
    by Tom Young

Efforts are being made to organise a music festival in Tramore on the final Sunday in July, a smaller version of Tra Fest which was scuppered this year when the main sponsors pulled out.

If it proceeds - financial backing is being sought by musician Owen Kavanagh who is behind the venture - it will be confined to Strand St., with a selection of bands performing through the day and early night.
    That was disclosed on Tuesday night by Kevin O’Sullivan of Alpha IT Solutions when he addressed Tramore Town Council on his recently launched tourism promotion venture Discover Tramore (website discovertramore.ie).

He also said that the Worlds Ocean Festival was likely to return next year.
    He emphasised that Discover Tramore was not a commercial enterprise but simply another means of promoting the town and its attractions to potential tourists and he invited the Council and anybody else who wished to avail of his website to publicise the town and what it had to offer as a tourist attraction.

He was complimented on his presentation - and his initiative - by Town Manager Brian White who also advised him to talk with the reformed Tramore Tourism, the Manager suggesting that they might be able to work together towards a common end.
    http://www.munster-express.ie/front-page-news/general-stories/late-july-music-festival-for-tramore/

The name of the festival has been decided by the organisers.. it will be called "The Tramore Music Festival". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

this is great news, where on strand street will it be on???:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Sully wrote: »
    The name of the festival has been decided by the organisers.. it will be called "The Tramore Music Festival". :)
    I'd say that took them a while to think of...genius

• Advertisement

jkelly85 wrote: »
    this is great news, where on strand street will it be on???:D:D:D:D:D

Outside O'Sheas Hotel I do believe.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ogankav

Hi people,
    this is where we are at..............
    the "trafest" name couldnt be used because one of the trafest people didnt want me to call it so....so i just said right ill call it "tramore music fest" simple.
    Its happening july 27th,sunday from 2pm - 10pm
    strand street outdoor(i got the drinking on the streets law pushed aside for the day..thanks to the co.co. and jerry lynch the superintendent yaaaa!)

bands confirmed are...
    PUGWASH
    THE PALE
    SPELLBOUND
    ILYA K

MORE TO BE CONFIRMED
    A PRE-PARTY ON SATURDAY IS BEING PLANNED IN THE VIC AND MURPHS
    AND THE AFTER PARTY IS HAPPENING IN CUIL TRA SUNDAY AT 10.30

IT HAS TAKEN NEARLY 9 WEEKS TO GET PERMISSON TO DO THIS ,THE AMOUNT OF RED TAPE HAS REALLY OPENED MY EYES,BIG THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE HELPED ME :TRAMORE TOURISM,TRAMORE CO.CO ,DISCOVER TRAMORE (SULLY),MURPHS,SLIP INN,CHARLEY STRINGS,WATERFRONT AND CUIL TRA,
    THE SANDS HOTEL,SLUSHY,FRANK KING,LARRY FLAVIN,DOOLEYS CHIPPERS,

ALL THE ABOVE HAVE GIVEN ME MONEY FOR THIS SO THANKS ALOT LADS

SORRY ABOUT MY TYPING SKILLS AND SPELLINGS IM A MUSICIAN MAN!!LOL

SEE LOCAL PRESS FOR MORE DETAILS AND WATCH OUT FOR THE POSTERS COMING SOON

YOURS KAV

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Fair play to ya anyway

fair play kav. should be a great day.

fair play kav. should be a great day.

Aye, I have to hand it to him. He pushed on even when it didn't look very likely to happen. Now Tramore has a decent festival back - and that's the way it hopefully should stay!

Should be a good day,hopefully a good crowd will come out..
    If ya need any help putting up posters for it around the town pm me.

The website for the event will be live hopefully within the next few days. Its gonna cover the line up, info on sponsors (the list changed a bit), info on the bands, and so on.

Iv just sent the poster to Gav for his approval so once thats given and we get a printer - ill start flogging the posters about. Unless Gav has someone sorted, ill send ya a PM flonge :) The postcards will also be done early next week so if someone is available to do a wider spread on this outside of Waterford/Tramore - let me know!

I hope to have both these done by early next week at the latest (design and print). The printer has to get back to Gav first. :)

Stay tuned folks!

Okay Gav put out the posters & postcards by himself a few days ago so iv setup an extra page from Discover Tramore with the band/event info;

http://www.discovertramore.ie/tramoremusicfestival

If the organisers release anything new that aint on advertising material ill update the site. :)

just wondering will der b like music in d pubs dat nite too??

The only bands that I know are for the pre-festival show and the afer party. All that info is on the above site. As for during the day, while the event is happening, not that im aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

flonge wrote: »
    just wondering will der b like music in d pubs dat nite too??

Most pubs have music on a Sunday night during the summer, so I doubt it'll be different tomorrow night. I won't mention any specifics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Well, just home and what a great night , top music and some mighty craic , hope was the same for all, only downer is monday morning , DAMN

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm sorry I missed this! Would have been a great day, maybe next year!

great day! some weather for it too.

Advertisement