Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in kilcolgan

Options
  • 18-06-2008 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

I'm moving to Kilcolgan and want to know whether I can get a broadband connection. My prospective landlord told me that the previous tenant had a connection, but didn't know with which company. Any ISP I've checked so far doesn't have coverage (besides their all being disappointingly slow, expensive and having limited downloads - I had Smart Telecom in my previous place in Galway city and that was 4Mb with unlimited downloads for €40 a month, but unfortunately they don't serve Kilcolgan). Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I reckon Digiweb might sort ya out. Their mast is in Oranmore so ya might get lucky ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

The exchange was enabled about two years ago. I'm with eircom and it works fine. Contention is noticeable now and again. The best thing is the free speed upgrades: 2 Mbps going up to 3 Mbps; 3 Mbps going up to 7.6 Mbps (line dependent, of course).

Digiweb is meant to be serving the area. There's also a local wireless group broadband scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

try irish broadband too, but i think digiweb is your best bet. Theres a company called clearwire in galway but i've no idea where they cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

try irish broadband too, but i think digiweb is your best bet. Theres a company called clearwire in galway but i've no idea where they cover.
    Hmm, from reading threads in the Broadband forum, I wouldn't be keen on Irish BB or Clearwire :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

i have irish broadband at the moment and i.ve had no problems, its a good service. I was with digiweb before this and both companies are much of a muchness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Airwire are our broadband providers in Kilcolgan.

www.airwire.ie

I hope this helps.
    Regards,
    ValerieR

Advertisement