Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

babysitting

Options
  • 18-06-2008 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi
    Can any one tell me what d going rate for babysitting is? Do you pay by d hour or a nightly charge. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

Hi Fairylee,

Anyone I know gets €10 a hour. After twelve it can go up to €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ermm, not sure where this lives - but it ain't here.

Moving it to Parenting, as the parents there might be able to give you some idea what they shell out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Fairylee, this has come up in the recent past. Do a search, or scroll back through the last couple of pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BIRDCAGE

check out www.babysitters.ie for ideas on what the going rates are at the moment, we discovered it a few months ago and its brilliant, we finally have our social life back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

BIRDCAGE wrote: »
    check out www.babysitters.ie for ideas on what the going rates are at the moment, we discovered it a few months ago and its brilliant, we finally have our social life back.

this site is a bit much, why on earth does the 'setup' fee vary from €14.05 (one month) to €20.62 (3 months - 1 year)?? Surely the setup procedure is the same task (which probably involves running a tiny Perl script, written by first year IT student to create an entry in some free SQL database) ? And this is on top of the subscription fee for the period you select? nonsense!

Are we gone so bad at communication that word of mouth doesn't work anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Oh my god!!!

Babysitters.ie is....What a complete and utter rip-off of a web site.
    That setup price is mental alright.

Why on earth would you pay that kind of money for this service when you can easily find a babysitter by asking neighbours for advice or checking noticeboards in the local shop.

I think I will start dogwalkers.ie using the same model as babysitters.ie and see if it works. It is money for NOTHING.

Advertisement