Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STOP VOTING!: This week's vote cancelled(Week beginning Mon 16th Jun)

Options
  • 18-06-2008 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

According to breaking news on the channel4 website, this week's vote has been called off.

It doesn't give reasons why yet, but it says keep an eye on the website for further details.

Either they're doing something to ensure Alex stays in the house because they feel she'll be gone if she goes to the vote or one of them has done a runner from the house.

My bet is Alex has taken flight, but I definitely could be wrong.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=2722&position=22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Some possible scenarios from the BB forum on the website are:

- Alex walking

- Suprise early eviction.

- One of the others are walking and they're cancelling the vote to keep the numbers the way they would be if everything went as expected i.e. just 1 leaves this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Hmm this should be interesting, I would say it is possible alex is gone, they dont usually cancel the vote when someone else walks, unless mario and lisa have walked...

Must check now for live streaming!!!`

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

could be cos of the bad press alex got after picking a fight with mohammed after big brother messed up with the intercom.

Actually, I can see her on the background monitors on bblb, and there doesn't seem to be anything up with her-you'd imagine she'd be packing if she was taking flight.

I don't know what's going on; if they had this planned, they wouldn't have been accepting phone votes in the first place since they were nominated, cause there'd be uproar over phone charges, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Jennifer was due in court last week over custody of her child even though she was in court the day before big Brother started she never told the Judge and after missing last weeks court date due to her being in the house she would of had to be informed of this and may have to leave.

I hope that the reason, she's adds nothing her self and Dale Dull

Namesco wrote: »
    Jennifer was due in court last week over custody of her child even though she was in court the day before big Brother started she never told the Judge and after missing last weeks court date due to her being in the house she would of had to be informed of this and may have to leave.

I hope that the reason, she's adds nothing her self and Dale Dull

It seems, allright, that it's something outside the house rather than a walk-out; there's some rumour about vote rigging or something floating about. It'll probably be some boring reason now; I was hoping for a bit of scandal from inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

<snip wrong reason>

All their website says is
    Phone Vote Cancelled

Day 14 - Wed 18 Jun 2008, 18:47 PM
    This week's lines are closed...
    This week's phone vote has been cancelled.

Watch this space for further information.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

alex was just called to the diary room, is apparently gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Stickying this thread! Will change title to grab attention.

Alex got kicked out?

LolaDub wrote: »
    Alex got kicked out?

No confirmation as of yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Digitalspy report that Alex is gone but not confirmed if she left or was booted out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Being confirmed on other forums that Alex has walked. booooooooooo

Ahh, actually she was booted out:

http://community.channel4.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=162603557&f=6910040608&m=78600679001&r=16800579001#16800579001

Oh nooooooooooooo i was looking forward to her getting the boot. It must be something that happened very quickly as bb were erecting a metal fence around the eviction area in case things got nasty on Fri. Updates updates!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

She didn't walk, she got the boot - now confirmed:

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=2724

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That doesn't give much away!

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=2724

Alex is removed from Big Brother for repeated unacceptable behaviour...

Contestant Alexandra De-Gale has been removed from the Big Brother House for repeatedly breaking the programme's rules on conduct by behaving in an unacceptable and sometimes intimidating manner towards fellow housemates.

Alex was in discussion with Darnell in the living room shortly after 10.15pm yesterday evening (17th June), with a number of other housemates in proximity.

Discussing her nomination for this week's eviction, Alex was heard to make apparently intimidatory comments about her intentions on leaving the House. Shortly afterwards, Dennis, Rebecca and Rex discussed her comments in the garden and were clear that they found her behaviour to be threatening, a view that Rex repeated subsequently during a Diary Room discussion with Big Brother.

This incident follows a series of arguments involving Alex since the ninth series of Big Brother started on 5th June. She has twice been called to the diary room and reminded of the rules governing behaviour towards other housemates.

There has been a strong negative reaction from viewers to Alex's behaviour with Channel 4 having received a significant number of comments since launch.

Her latest remarks were not screened via the 'as live' streaming on E4 but were reported up to senior production staff. In consultation with executives at Channel 4 the decision was taken to remove Alex from the house on the grounds that she had repeatedly broken the programme's rules governing housemate behaviour, despite twice being reminded of her responsibilities.

Alex was called to the Diary Room at approximately 6pm on Wednesday 18th June to be informed of the decision and was removed from the House without further contact with other contestants. The remaining housemates were informed of Big Brother's decision at approximately 8pm.

Alex was one of two housemates nominated for eviction this week and as a result, in line with the terms and conditions covering phone voting on Big Brother, the latest eviction vote has been suspended.

Angela Jain, Head of E4 and Big Brother at Channel 4, said: "Alex has said her comments were not intended seriously and has apologised, but those comments will be widely interpreted as having been intended to intimidate. Big Brother has very clear rules about housemates conduct and that kind of behaviour is simply not acceptable.

Other housemates have said they found her comments to be threatening and we believe that is a reasonable conclusion for them to have reached given the way Alex has behaved previously. She had already been spoken to twice about her behaviour and, like all housemates, was clearly informed before entering the house that she faced eviction if she acted in an unacceptable manner."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

good riddance to her.

• Advertisement

I wonder if she's going to do bblb. She was so stupid to go on that show there was no way she was ever going to get close to winning and look at the hate she's going to endure now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

goodbye and good luck

Advertisement