Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second year b and l!!!

Options
  • 18-06-2008 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Anyone know the reading lists?????? Or any tips on succeeding in the new modules??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Enjoy the summer woman!

Or if you must revise, I think you should just have a flick through the Nutshells for Land Law, EU Law and Criminal Law.

Tips to succeed; Don't cram like in first year!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Why do you always use loads of symbols after every sentence you say on boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭niamherz88

Sorry didnt even realise I did it until now. Think its a habit from bebo or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

No!! There is no need (or so I'm hoping, I'm in your class:) ) I'm enjoying the break, and planning on entering the year refreshed and ready to get back to work then. Plus I find it very hard to listen to lecturers go over something I've already read or know. I prefer to go over the stuff afterwards.

Ah yeah suppose!! Just being an eager beaver!! if i got the reading lists I prob wouldnt even look at them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

niamherz88 wrote: »
    Ah yeah suppose!! Just being an eager beaver!! if i got the reading lists I prob wouldnt even look at them!!

See!

So what if i use mutiple exclamation points. Is it really that irksome!!!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Yes.

Would you say everythign in a voice that would suggest complete and utter enthusiasm and excitement?

Because with those exclamation marks that's what you're suggesting and frankly it's annoying and stupid.

Yes.

Would you say everythign in a voice that would suggest complete and utter enthusiasm and excitement?

Because with those exclamation marks that's what you're suggesting and frankly it's annoying and stupid.

Typos are annoying and stupid:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yes indeed they are, but I could be dyslexic and find typing immensely difficult.

You have no idea.

Typos are far less annoying then over use of unnecessary punctuation.

• Advertisement

I am annoying and stupid

haha. Yeah im a very exciteably person!

Ah no i know what your saying, never even notived I did it before to be honest. Thanks for pointing it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

niamherz88 wrote: »
    Ah no i know what your saying, never even notived I did it before to be honest. Thanks for pointing it out.
    I'm just curious about this: how can you not notice when you hold down shift and jam a key 5-10 times?

I do it without even thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭emmanuels-baby

Yes.

re-lax!
    i hate how boards brings out resentment and meanness in folk! because they think that nobody knows who they are...but you've a picture of you on that thread "know you UCDians" and i DO know you...and now i think you're a meanie! as somebody who's involved with the union-you should be extra friendly and understanding! by calling that girls habit "annoying and stupid" you've basically just called that girl "annoying and stupid"...which is mean! don't be mean!

good luck niamh! i don't find it annoying..and clearly you ARE energetic and stuff since you're already planning for next year! i have a friend in the class too! she did feck all, all year...i'm gonna tell this her about this thread..
    it's gonna FREAK HER OUT!!!!:D

re-lax!
    i hate how boards brings out resentment and meanness in folk! because they think that nobody knows who they are...but you've a picture of you on that thread "know you UCDians" and i DO know you...and now i think you're a meanie! as somebody who's involved with the union-you should be extra friendly and understanding! by calling that girls habit "annoying and stupid" you've basically just called that girl "annoying and stupid"...which is mean! don't be mean!

Eh where did I say that girl was annoying and stupid? I said that overuse of exclamation marks was because it infers the wrong type of meaning to the sentence.

Wanna say that I'm mean? Well isn't that just just horrible of you, hurting my feelings like that. And you even know who I am which is worse. I mean I'm not anonymous to you, I'm a person and you can judge me over one thing you read that I wrote. (Just to point out before you think I'm being mean, this is entirely sarcastic, with a hint of irony)

Look at the end of the day I was pointing out that overusing exclamation marks IS annoying because it tends to bug people who regularly use these boards. Moore McDowell turned around last year and said that many students, were at best semi literate - not being able to use punctuation correctly is just part of that. Now I'm not saying I'm perfect - I screw up too but that is just blatently wrong.

As for being mean - look at the thread two below know your UCDians and you'll see that I started a helpful admin links thread for people so that they could find the info that they regularly need and seems to be lost in the quagmire that is UCD.ie. Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that being nice and friendly? Which you've ever so kindly pointed out I should be because I'm involved in the Union and have worked really hard for the past 2 years, giving up large amounts of my time to represent my class.

Ok in fairness I think your taking this a bit far. You obviously have too much time on your hands. I am in no way semi literate and I could back that up only I wouldnt waste my time trying to. The overuse of exclamation points to which you refer is something that I got into the habit of doing on bebo and when Im writing short posts on this I slip back into that habit unbeknownest to myself. Im sure if you check out my posts you will see that it dosnt happen in the longer ones. Anyway just thought I would make this point clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Don't think she called you semi literate, she said that McDowell is quoted to have said that many students are semi literate.

I never said you were semi literate. End of.

I said that Moore McDowell had said it of students and that he included punctuation in his remarks.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

I know but by adding in that point, I think you were in some way implying it.

• Advertisement

No I was making the point that the issue of student literacy had been brought up before in a larger forum for discussion.

Again I was not implying that you were semi - literate and there I shall rest.

Moore was right and in fairness OP you post like an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AnMoralltach

UCD_Econ wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

While i'm no fan of the OP's short posting style there really is no need to start acting like 6yr olds.

now these two are hopping on the belittling bandwagon! it's a world of people with no tolerance! tolerate excessive use of exclamation. look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm using too much exclamation, therefore i might be semi literate or i'm writing on an informal mean and have no need to care (OR DO I!!?) seems i kinda do, if people are gonna mock me for it! you judged that girl for her expressions(way more harshly than i "judged" you by calling you a "meanie") meanie is not harsh! and if it is, i'm very sorry for upsetting you!

and you shouldn't listen to Moore, he's just a pretty face! i'd love to tap that though!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Are you serious? Thats ridiculously arrogant.

This is the internet.... being a grammer nazi is stupid and pretty needless. She gets her question across perfectly, stop being a dick.

See here's the thing, I didn't judge her. Why on earth would I judge someone a) who I do now know and )b whom I know nothing about other than she's in second B&L and uses bebo???

I discussed the exclamation marks. I do believe I attacked the post and not the poster.

You chose to judge me for my remarks regarding the overuse of exclamation marks.

Now can someone lock this. It's woefully off topic.

Are you serious? Thats ridiculously arrogant.

This is the internet.... being a grammer nazi is stupid and pretty needless. She gets her question across perfectly, stop being a dick.
    Yes, I am serious. What I said was right, the way she posts makes her look like a 7 year old with too much sugar. I don't really see how my post is arrogant.

Also, grammar Nazi? I didn't point out something silly like a misplaced comma. Jamming a key 10 times with !!!!!!!!!!! ????????? is just stupid and unnecessary.

By the way, I said she posted like an idiot.

By the way, I said she posted like an idiot.

that's the very same as calling her an idiot.
    wouldn't you find it offensive if someone said "you talk like a moron"(just an example-not actually implying it)

and same for steph..you say you attacked her post, not her personally, but that was her post, from her, her work! you called it annoying and stupid..and whatever way you try to pass it off, I saw it as an attack on that girl! just because of some extra exclamations?! take it handy! there's no need for pointless sarcasm or meanness or belittling! that's my point, if you find it irrelevant-fair enough!

it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

slán!

• Advertisement

Let he without sin cast the first stone.

i think you're a meanie

And that is your opinion. I can't say you're wrong, I can't say you're right.

Advertisement