Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second year b and l!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

that's the very same as calling her an idiot.
    No, they're actually quite different terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭niamherz88

By virtue of the fact that this actually bothers you, i could also say that you too are an idiot. But do I? No. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I asked a simple question in a post. If its too short then perhaps you would like me to ramble on and not get straight to the point. Anyway this is my last post on the matter. It would be stupid and pointless to debate it further. I apologise to those of you who seem to suffer from some form of punctuation phobia and I urge whoever has the power to lock this thread. Its getting silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Hope that doesnt offend and cause you all to ramble on even further)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Considering I started this, i might as well end it.

Stepherunie is an idiot. And thanks to putting your'e picture up, we all know who to avoid next year....

The exclamation marks thing is not that big a deal.

Enough said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭emmanuels-baby

elgriff wrote: »

Stepherunie is an idiot. And thanks to putting your'e picture up, we all know who to avoid next year....

eh harsh!:(
    elgriff wrote: »
    The exclamation marks thing is not that big a deal.

Enough said

+1

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    No, they're actually quite different terms.
    no actually, they're not

equally as offensive

another example
    "YOU'RE A MINGER"
    or
    "YOU'RE LIKE A MINGER"

or whatever..still mean, still offensive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

no actually, they're not

equally as offensive

another example
    "YOU'RE A MINGER"
    or
    "YOU'RE LIKE A MINGER"

or whatever..still mean, still offensive
    The irony of your posts is quite amazing.

Saying that you are an idiot means that you are inherently, without effort, a complete gob****e. Saying you’re like an idiot, because of the way you post, means that you may or may not regularly be an idiot, but in this case you’re not acting very intelligently. Quite different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Seeing as many of you seem to be new to these here boards i'll explain what is generally accepted on boards.
    Attacking the post is valid while attacking the poster is not. If you feel that a post is innapproriate/offensive hit the report post button and a mod will decide what action to take if any.

Now either report the post or move on :)

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    The irony of your posts is quite amazing. I'm just curious about this: how can you not notice when you hold down shift and jam a key 5-10 times?

Moore was right and in fairness OP you post like an idiot

Saying that you are an idiot means that you are inherently, without effort, a complete gob****e. Saying you’re like an idiot, because of the way you post, means that you may or may not regularly be an idiot, but in this case you’re not acting very intelligently. Quite different.

point taken...
    but then equally, in fairness, you post like an ignorant person with a serious lack of tolerance! i'm not saying you are, but that's how your post comes across. let's all post FRIENDLY posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!<like my exclamations?);)

Advertisement