Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with an electric circuit...

Options
  • 18-06-2008 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Have a problem with an electric circuit, the problem is the circuit is wired with 16mm 2 wire which has a double pole 20 amp trip which controls 2 fridge freezers & a couple of other chip fryer's. After putting another fryer on the circuit the 20 amp trip keeps tripping.

I'm fairly sure that the 16mm cable is heavy enough to carry what is on it so would it be that the 20 amp trip is to small? Would I need a 32 or 40 amp trip???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Get an electrician to check it out you are likly to burn the chipper down if you size the mcb incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

You're overloading the 20A MCB.
    When you say 16mm cable, did you measure the thickness/width of the cable or are you talking cross sectional area?
    The reason I ask is because I doubt anybody would wire a socket circuit in 16sq cable, how would you terminate it?

You defo need a sparks to wire some new circuits.
    An industrial chip fryer should get its own circuit.

good luck

Advertisement