Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we Leave the EU?

Options
  • 18-06-2008 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭

OK seems to be a lot of mixed messages coming from both sides... I think an anonymous poll could be indicative of where sentiment actually lies.

Can one of the mods set up a poll with the following options please?
    • I voted YES and I think we should LEAVE the EU
    • I voted NO and I think we should LEAVE the EU
    • I didn't vote and I think we should LEAVE the EU
    • I voted YES and I think we should STAY in the EU
    • I voted NO and I think we should STAY in the EU
    • I didn't vote and I think we should STAY in the EU

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

no!

germany will take back the roads and the luas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

There's already a thread about this! Use the search button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

there was a thread along the lines here few days ago thats how i started posting here

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055313530

but good idea for a poll nevertheless

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Oops... :( I still think a Poll is a good idea though...

Mods... feel free to lcok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

As far as I know the mods don't really go for polls in the politics forum, they can lead to more hassle than they are worth cos they aren't really representative of the real numbers or something along those lines. I might be wrong though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

I really fail to see where the notion of us leaving the EU has even come from. Regardless of whether you voted yes or no, this is not something anybody even considered until we all got p*ssed off at the reaction of European leaders.
    I think those people are right when they say we should all relax a tad and contemplate things. While I would yesterday have voted "I voted yes, and I think we should leave the EU", that would have been a reaction borne of indignation at the scolding we as a country were getting. That, in my opinion, would have been a rather selfish decision as I would have made it on the basis of my own anger, and not a fully thought out rational idea.

Today I say I dont know the answer to that question coz I'm still annoyed, but I think we need EU integration not only from an economic point of view, but from a cultural, personal and integration point of view.

Last thing we need is a poll made up of hot headed answers that dont reflect the reality of peoples feelings towards Europe and end up as news in other parts of the continent thus damaging our reputation even more.

While I'm not indicating that anyone who posts on Boards.ie are hotheaded, I just feel that many out there may be, and a poll right now would not be an accurate indicator of peoples real feelings. Certainly my answer to your question, if given yesterday, or even today, would not be an accurate portrayal of how I actually feel on the matter.

Advertisement