Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you eat with...

• 18-06-2008 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

So increasing I've discovered how little people still eat with their family, flat-mates, etc...

So the question is do you eat alone or with someone?

I nearly always eat my dinner with my family (with the exceptions of most Fridays and some Saturdays).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Evening meal mostly with husband. The rest of the meals with the cats. Which is problematic if I'm eating something with tuna or prawns in it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Most evening meals with my boyfriend. We can split the cooking duties and make a better meal as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭DenMan

Yep. I can say that too. During the week I eat with my family. Saturdays and Sundays can be fifferent depending on circumstances. I love Saturdays....Burger time...:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

So the question is do you eat alone or with someone?
    I'm been on my own since 18, having left the family and crossed the pond, now at university. Who do I eat with? Rarely alone. With fun company!

I eat with the telly.:o

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I eat dinner with my partner most evenings. Sundays we generally go over and have dinner with my family. We would regularly have friends over for dinner too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I eat alone. Maybe once a month or once every two months, I'll be at my brother's or mother's house, and will eat there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

We eat as a family every day, apart from the very odd occasion when I may have to work late.
    Occasionally we'll have friends up on a Saturday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Dinner with the wife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Breakfast is a haphazard affair where each of the four of us is eating at different times/places. The kids (4&1) eat together and we have dinner later in the evening together after they have gone to bed. We try and have a family meal together on both Saturday & Sunday - usually lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

dinner every night with the wife and kids

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I eat dinner with my husband unless he's working late. Our daughters are grown so they come and go at different times and cook for themselves a lot. We'll all eat out together and sometimes have a Chinese takeaway together if we're all here at the same time.

• Moderators Posts: 51,813 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Generally eat alone as I don't have any one sharing the flat with me.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Generally alone. I tend to eat when I think of it, so it rarely coincides with when someone else is eating.

Advertisement