Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIT and LSC

Options
  • 18-06-2008 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,886 ✭✭✭✭

I will be going to LIT(hopefully) and my friend will be going to LSC on Mulgrave St. We are looking to stick together so we were wondering where would be the best place to start looking which would be between both Mulgrave St. and the LIT building...

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

mars bar wrote: »
    I will be going to LIT(hopefully) and my friend will be going to LSC on Mulgrave St. We are looking to stick together so we were wondering where would be the best place to start looking which would be between both Mulgrave St. and the LIT building...

Ta

Looking for something between is going to be private and not student so you'll get stuck with a 12 month lease.

If that doesn't bother you there's Howley's Quay or the Strand and a few more near the river

Between €800-€1200 a month

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=552889&search=1

I'll post a few more next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Well a place in the city centre would be great.
    LSC is a short walk up William st while LIT is served by the Caherdavin bus which you can take from Henry St.

LIT is served by the Caherdavin bus which you can take from Henry St.

ROFL...you can tgake it from Henry St. when it comes...feckin Bus Éireann.

The only decent bus services in this City are Castletroy and Raheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,886 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

ninty9er wrote: »
    Looking for something between is going to be private and not student so you'll get stuck with a 12 month lease.

If that doesn't bother you there's Howley's Quay or the Strand and a few more near the river

Between €800-€1200 a month

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=552889&search=1

I'll post a few more next week.

thanks
    It's a bit expensive alright but when you split it between the two of us, it shouldn't be too bad right? And a lease doesn't sound too inviting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Just get rooms in a student house in caherdavin..ur mate can bus it,be sensible.800-1200 a month for 2 students?what money would be left over for bucky and noodles? :D

• Advertisement

I'd recommend ye split up really. Just because you live in separate places doesn't mean the world is going to end.

The 2 places aren't really compatible for student life.

It doesn't bother me being split up at all, she wants to stick together. I think I'd prefer to split up, gives me a reason to get to know new people when I have no choice!

Thanks everyone!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

sure if your friend really wants to live with you just live in the student house in caherdavin (LIT campus) and split the bill, it really wouldnt be a whole lot..i know ppl in UL campus only paying 50 bob a week..thats nothing like! so id def recommend getting a house there like! caherdavin would be the best spot location wise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

grove island.

So if she's not a student in LIT she can still get accommodation in any of the student accommodations near LIT?

• Advertisement

well they are houses owned by landlords at the back of the suburb of caherdavin, at the end of the day all the landlord wants is his rent..dont think it matters who is going in there like..thats the case with elm park in castletroy for the students of UL so your better off looking into it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

mars bar wrote: »
    So if she's not a student in LIT she can still get accommodation in any of the student accommodations near LIT?

yep, but dont go near the student villages, they are fun in fairness but shockingly expensive. plenty of houses to be had in caherdavin, plus you dont have pricks telling you who you can and cant have back to your gaf!. accm office in LIT re-opens early august, get on to lilly goggin (accm officer, all round lovely person), then

i lived in one of the villages, great fun but security take the piss, and as i said they are really expansive. a house in c.davin is the job!

RINO87 wrote: »
    yep, but dont go near the student villages, they are fun in fairness but shockingly expensive. plenty of houses to be had in caherdavin, plus you dont have pricks telling you who you can and cant have back to your gaf!. accm office in LIT re-opens early august, get on to lilly goggin (accm officer, all round lovely person), then

i lived in one of the villages, great fun but security take the piss, and as i said they are really expansive. a house in c.davin is the job!

i agree, always a cheap house to be had there;)

Great! That really helps as a starting point! You guys rock!!:D

Advertisement