Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Jobs

Options
  • 18-06-2008 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi.I'm looking for a job for a fiftheen year old.Any kind of job would be welcome and will take any hours available.In or around Galway City would help.Thanks in advance.

Comments

Jobs are hard to come by, especially for somebody so young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Ya.I was looking around but they don't like to take on anyone under 16 nowadays.No harm in trying BABM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i'd say it'll be impossible unless you know someone who is the boss/owner of somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Hi.I'm looking for a job for a fiftheen year old.Any kind of job would be welcome and will take any hours available.In or around Galway City would help.Thanks in advance.
    Don't accept any jobs for 15 year old boys off the internet. :eek:

Bad experience was it Scumlord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I paid him good money, I don't get why he's still complaining about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Check the Galway advertiser. Some stuff in there looks a bit shifty, but he might get lucky and pick up a paper run or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

hotels in galway usually offer jobs as a kitchen porter to younger ages. you should start there. sh*tty wages, sh*tty hours for a sh*tty job, what more could you ask for??:D
    my first summer job was in a hotel cleanin' dishes for 3 pounds an hour. oh boyo those were the days i tells ya.......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I paid him good money, I don't get why he's still complaining about it.
    I didn't sign up for the coat hanger ****. I'll never pee out of my left kidney again. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

you could try to get a job at events. They sometimes take younger people. When i was 15 i worked for events ltd the parking company at the races. The money was pretty good and all you have to do is direct traffic. Not the most glamorous job but its better than nothing. Also lots of the hotels look for extra help race week.

• Advertisement

How would I get in contact with them?Sounds like more of his kind of thing.
    Thanks for everybodies suggestions btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Maybe somewhere in the farm outside of Galway? I heard that some farmers are looking for extra workers during summer.

Advertisement