Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Banking - Fraudlent Emails Alert!

• 18-06-2008 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

The other day I got an e-mail from Royal bank of Scotland, digital banking, this is what it said:

The e-mail
    address the mail is coming from is: RBS Digital Banking
    <customerservice@rbsdigital.co.uk>

"Customer Service: Limited Access To Your Online Banking

[SIZE=-1]Dear Member,

When signing on to Online Banking, you or somebody else have
    made several login attemps and reached your daily limit.

As an additional security measure your access to Online Banking
    has been limited. this web security measure does not affect your
    phone banking or ATM banking.

click on log in to Restore Your Account Access and follow the steps"[/SIZE]

Now, cos I don't have a RBS bank account I was suspicous so I e-mailed their online customer services dept about the e-mail and they replied that these e-mails are going out all the time to mailing lists trying to fool ppl into giving their passwords etc.

Watch your online banking, don't give your login info to anyone at all, these e-mail have the proper headings and copyright markings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I get heaps of these unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Cailin Maith

It was my first one & I didn't know what was going on.

It's scary that they can just send out all these messages using a copyritten name and not be stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

the joys of the internet. It should come with a booklet to explain all this to people :(
    Posted via Mobile Device

Advertisement