Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Affordable Housing Draw June 2008

Options
  • 18-06-2008 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi

Has anyone heard from DCC in relation to the latest draw. Phoned council today and they said that the draw was done last week and that they started to phone people last week and they would be calling people for the next couple of weeks. They wouldnt give me any furher info. Just wondered if any one was lucky enough to gat a call or is this just DCC fobbing us off again!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

shifon9 wrote: »
    Hi

Has anyone heard from DCC in relation to the latest draw. Phoned council today and they said that the draw was done last week and that they started to phone people last week and they would be calling people for the next couple of weeks. They wouldnt give me any furher info. Just wondered if any one was lucky enough to gat a call or is this just DCC fobbing us off again!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

Happy days.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Just out of interest, what happy go lucky muppet decided to turn affordable housing assignment into a draw? Should there not be a slightly more practical method, such as first in first out, assigned based on need, etc? How did these people ever get into government...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭starky

Just out of interest, what happy go lucky muppet decided to turn affordable housing assignment into a draw? Should there not be a slightly more practical method, such as first in first out, assigned based on need, etc? How did these people ever get into government...

It is a draw, but the longer you are on the DCC list the more entries into the draw you get so If you are on the list over 18 months I think it is you have a much higher chance of being drawn out for a property then some one who has just joined the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I would think the valuations given to the affordable housing are now totally incorrect.

Be very careful you're not being ripped off!

Advertisement