Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi TTS and now a TT RS

Options
  • 18-06-2008 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

:eek: Audi are churning out nice cars lately. Getting better by the months. This thing is rumoured to have either a 3.2 v6 turbocharged or a 5 cylinder turbo charged putting around 360bhp. 0-60 times of low 4's?
    There are a few spy photos around the web. Expected to be out 09.
    9080121.013.Mini6L.jpg
    audi-tt-rs-spied-again-2.jpg
    audi-tt-rs-spied-again-4.jpg
    audi-tt-rs-spied-again-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I can only see the first image, but I feel I have to mention the RS5 which is rumoured to be not far away. Here are the obligatory Photoshop renders, and if it looks anything like this it'll be amazing.

audi_rs5_3w.jpg

audi_rs5-2w.jpg

audi_rs5_2w.jpg

Rumours of a twin-turbo 4.2 litre V8. No fuel crisis over at Audi!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Peasant deleted my pictures I had up, for what reason I dont know?:confused:
    Anyway they showed the car around Nurburgring, spy shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

I'm liking the RS5 alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Yea the RS5 looks the bad ass. Will that be the same 4.2 V8 that's in the current RS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Plug wrote: »
    Peasant deleted my pictures I had up, for what reason I dont know?:confused:
    Anyway they showed the car around Nurburgring, spy shots.

I didn't delete your pictures ...to the contrary, I tried to fix the links.

When I first saw your post, all I could see were the small red X's. Then I opened the links in a separate window and re-posted in the link in your post.

Then I could see all pictures (big as they were)

Now, a short time later, all I can see is a big, empty frames where the pictures used to be.

I have no idea what happened there

Here are the urls of your pics again for people to click and see for themselves

http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/may2008/audi-tt-rs-spied-again-2.jpg
    http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/may2008/audi-tt-rs-spied-again-4.jpg
    http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/may2008/audi-tt-rs-spied-again-1.jpg

ahhh ...they don't work either ...the website obviously doesn't like to be linked to

here is the complete article http://www.leftlanenews.com/audi-tt-rs.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

collecting brand new TTS tomorrow, black 19 inch alloys s tronic...... a sleek machine made even sleeker, love the new leds at the front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I'll have to change my user name if Audi build a 5 pot engine again.

PLEASE Audi make a 5 pot TT. And while you're at it make some more 5 pot engines. In these more eco-conscious times it's time for the 5 cylinder engine to make a comeback.

well audi sure are on a roll these days!!!!! 5 years ago i was a beemer man now i know where my loyalties lie. get ready for that user name change hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

BMW have started making BMWs look like BMWs again though with the new 7 series so I wouldn't be ditching BMW just yet. I must say Bangle nearly ruined BMW for me though. If it wasn't for the engineering achievements with their engines, especially EfficientDynamics I'd have lost any interest in BMW years ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

futura123 wrote: »
    collecting brand new TTS tomorrow, black 19 inch alloys s tronic...... a sleek machine made even sleeker, love the new leds at the front

Nice one, pleeez post a few pics of that if you get the chance!!

Still cant believa that the road tax on that is just 600e.Not bad for a car with 272 bhp!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

futura123 wrote: »

Very nice futura :cool:

If you have any questions about your new TT hop into the tt-talk.com forum, based in the UK but a few Irish lads with MKII TT's on there also, including a couple waiting for their TTS's also ;)

f_tttalksigcom_6b1282d.jpg

I'm guessing you went for the S-Tronic (it's a must here with the tax/vrt), you ready for 5s dead 0-100km with launch controll :D

yes coneem TT s-tronic all the way....... should be interestin messin around with audi magnetic ride too. will post pics tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

E92 wrote: »
    I'll have to change my user name if Audi build a 5 pot engine again.

PLEASE Audi make a 5 pot TT. And while you're at it make some more 5 pot engines. In these more eco-conscious times it's time for the 5 cylinder engine to make a comeback.

2.5TFSI 320 BHP 5 cylinder according to my sources. Should be launched this time next year. When should we expect the name change??? :D

Edit - Pics Futura? It is tomorrow after all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

RedorDead wrote: »
    2.5TFSI 320 BHP 5 cylinder according to my sources. Should be launched this time next year. When should we expect the name change??? :D

Think closer to 350hp ;)
    Here is what it should sound like, it's based I think on half an RS6 engine

there are a few test mules going around this one is pushing a bit more than 350hp and there is one with ceramic brakes :cool:

Advertisement