Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having Trouble With YouTube - need help!!!

Options
  • 18-06-2008 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

when im on you tube, and go to play a video a lot of the videos do the swirly loading thing then it says at the top, "We're sorry, this video is no longer available".

this is very annoying, as it only happens some videos, it does play some of them.

what the hell is wrong with my computer or is it YouTube, is anyone else having the same problem?

oh, and YouTube was working fine, this all started a few weeks ago.

suggestions would be appreciated, obviously i dont know a lot about this stuff,

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

That usually happens when theyre removed for whatever reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭blue_belle

i thought that myself but it happenes with waaaay too many videos. they hardly removed that many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

"We're sorry, this video is no longer available"

This is just a hunch but maybe the video yur trying to view "is no loner available". ;)

Youtube regularily take videos down which violated their terms of use. For example if the video is copyrighted youtube will be forced to take it down or get sued. Since google bought youtube videos get taken down a lot more regularily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

blue_belle wrote: »
    when im on you tube, and go to play a video a lot of the videos do the swirly loading thing then it says at the top, "We're sorry, this video is no longer available".

this is very annoying, as it only happens some videos, it does play some of them.

what the hell is wrong with my computer or is it YouTube, is anyone else having the same problem?

oh, and YouTube was working fine, this all started a few weeks ago.

suggestions would be appreciated, obviously i dont know a lot about this stuff,

thanks.

I'm having the same problem but only on my laptop- the main pc plays all youtube videos fine. i thought it was our dns settings but i changed them from the opendns ones back to eircoms and it made no difference. Anyone have any idea- most of the videos just say they're 'no longer available'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

by any chance are you using Firefox i have the same problem when i use Firefox but when i use IE it works fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

dunworth1 wrote: »
    by any chance are you using Firefox i have the same problem when i use Firefox but when i use IE it works fine
    No, it's the same no matter what browser I use on the laptop.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭maradona10

sorry to hijack the thread but thought someone might be able to help with this. does anyone know how to set the video screen size to reduce on you tube. since about two weeks ago the only option is to increase the size. on my pc the picture is blurred. im using windows 2000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

I was constantly getting that "We’re sorry, this video is no longer available" message too until I removed Google Web Accelerator.

No issues since!!

Advertisement