Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IIS5, php/javascript files with an ODBC to an access(.mdb) - how can I host this?

Options
  • 18-06-2008 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

I have this running as localhost on IIS6 on Windows XP on my laptop... how can I host this? What company does this?

thanks
    Justin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Read the stickies at the head of the forum, and check with the individual companies in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

Its not really that I am looking who can offer the service but more how this is done? Do I need to look for one that has IIS installed. I'd say it does not really matter if Apache is installed but how do I get it to communicate with the access database when the ODBC database is not installed in the same way as I have it set up with my localhost on my laptop. Just trying to get my head around this.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It sounds like something that any host offering Windows Server 2003 hosting could support, as they would all have IIS, most have PHP and the ODBC stuff is standard

Advertisement