Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Plus Subscription

Options
  • 18-06-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Anyone else here subscribe to Cycling Plus, and gets it really late? Was in the shops around the 6th June, and still no sign of it here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Anyone else here subscribe to Cycling Plus, and gets it really late? Was in the shops around the 6th June, and still no sign of it here!

I subscribe, nothing yet, which is par for the course for me. Defeats the purpose of subscribing. Half the stuff has already been posted on bikeradar by the time I get the mag. Same for pro cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

i havent seen this months in easons yet. i keep going in but they never have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Yeah Raam, it's getting feckin pointless to subscribe -don't save any money, and get it later than everyone else... what a gyp!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it's the same with runners world and all those, they arrive via holland 2 weeks or so after they are in the shops. I gave up all my subs, pity too, the runnersworld one gave you online accesss to the more content on the site..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Mine's not here yet either. My first subscription (March maybe?) was late so I emailed them and complained. They sent a second, and they both arrived one day apart. The mag had been and gone from Easons at that stage. It is absolutely pointless - the only thing is that you DO save some cash, cos easons charge 6.90 or something outrageous for it.
    I reckon if we all email them at future publishing they might get their act together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

i was thinking of sunscribing because its expensive in easons and it sells out as well.
    i have a subscription for the digital version of cycling weekly, get a new download every wednesday and its only fifty quid for the year.
    http://www.zinio.com/gncoffer?issn=001143165956&of=ZH01&ns=gbr

kenmc wrote: »
    Mine's not here yet either. My first subscription (March maybe?) was late so I emailed them and complained. They sent a second, and they both arrived one day apart. The mag had been and gone from Easons at that stage. It is absolutely pointless - the only thing is that you DO save some cash, cos easons charge 6.90 or something outrageous for it.
    I reckon if we all email them at future publishing they might get their act together.

maybe start a thread on their forum at bikeradar? It's awful cos it means I don't want to go there in case I end up reading half the magazine online! It's great that they put the articles up and all, but I'd like to get 'em in print first!

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I used to subscribe to C+ but cancelled it. It arrived weeks after it hit the shelves. You also don't get the free gift on offer in the UK (boo hiss). I got my money back for the issues not sent for the rest of year when cancelled.

I don't mind paying the €6.90 for the mag cos it's only once a month (although those "favourite rides" or whatever it's called where they map out a route somewhere in the UK for easy, medium and hard is waaaay dull). I do object to buying Cycling Weekly unless they've got something interesting in it such as "bike of the year" or reviews I'm particularly interested in. There is an Pre TdF interview with LA in this months Cycling Pro (I think) so I might pick it up unless someone here has it and can pdf it over to me??

maybe start a thread on their forum at bikeradar? It's awful cos it means I don't want to go there in case I end up reading half the magazine online! It's great that they put the articles up and all, but I'd like to get 'em in print first!

/rant

Nowt BikeTadar/Cycling Plus can do cos it's outsourced to a magazine subscription company. Why not cancel it and ask Mary's newsagents in Phibsborough shopping centre to order it in for you each month. They should get all their mags from Easons anyway.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Nowt BikeTadar/Cycling Plus can do cos it's outsourced to a magazine subscription company. Why not cancel it and ask Mary's newsagents in Phibsborough shopping centre to order it in for you each month. They should get all their mags from Easons anyway.
    Why should you have to cancel it to get good service though? The whole point in subscriptions is that it arrives to your door, usually the same time it hits the shelves, to save you the need to leave the house, or so that if you're away on holidays or something it will be there when you get back. I dunno about elsewhere, but around me (Dundrum) I know of no newsagents other than rip-off easons where I can order it anyway to be kept for collection.
    Why Subscribe?
    Free delivery to your door!
    Save yourself the time and effort of going to the shops!
    Our subscribers get their magazines delivered direct to their homes, often before they hit the magazine racks in the local shops, and the postage is absolutely FREE.

• Advertisement

Why should you have to cancel it to get good service though? The whole point in subscriptions is that it arrives to your door, usually the same time it hits the shelves, to save you the need to leave the house, or so that if you're away on holidays or something it will be there when you get back. I dunno about elsewhere, but around me (Dundrum) I know of no newsagents other than rip-off easons where I can order it anyway to be kept for collection.

Because I asked the same questions about lateness of the mag with Cycling Plus at the time and they directed me to the subscription company who in turn said something about unavoidable delays with international orders.
    to save you the need to leave the house
    we're cyclists not couch potatoes!
    if you're away on holidays
    for two weeks once a year!
    no newsagents other than rip-off Easons where I can order it anyway to be kept for collection
    I worked in a newsagents for years in Dun Laoghaire who were more than happy to order and keep mags aside. Forget Spar but independent smaller newsagents are usually more accommodating, hence why I suggest Mary's to Tiny.

Hungrycol wrote: »
    we're cyclists not couch potatoes!
    True,but sometimes after you get home from work it's just nice not to have to leave the house again, and go off to see if the mag is a) in yet and b) not sold out yet.
    for two weeks once a year!
    or business, easily a month or 2 for me per year, or travelling, 3 months last year.
    I worked in a newsagents for years in Dun Laoghaire who were more than happy to order and keep mags aside. Forget Spar but independent smaller newsagents are usually more accommodating, hence why I suggest Mary's to Tiny.
    If there was that option for me in Dundrum I'd certainly avail of it. The last newsagents in Dundrum closed down about 2 years ago when faced with the abomination that is the Dundrum Town Centre wiping out his business, despite him having been there for at least 30 years.
    I know where you're coming from, but unfortunately it's not always that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Can anyone tell me when the magazine should be on the shelves in Easons each month ... beginning of month or end of month etc.. Every time I get into Easons they dont seem to have it, very frustrating - was actually thinking of subscribing to the the magazine until this thread started.

Hungrycol wrote:
    There is an Pre TdF interview with LA in this months Cycling Pro (I think) so I might pick it up unless someone here has it and can pdf it over to me??

PM me your address, and I'll post it to ya -have it and read it :)
    Can anyone tell me when the magazine should be on the shelves in Easons each month ... beginning of month or end of month etc.. Every time I get into Easons they dont seem to have it, very frustrating - was actually thinking of subscribing to the the magazine until this thread started.

This thread on Bike Radar has publishing dates for each issue

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭FergusF

I received the latest issue on Monday 16th, quicker than usual which was a surprise. It usually arrives about 2 weeks after the published date. I live in Spain and none of the shops in my town have it, that's why I subscribe.

Despite the late delivery and the fact that most of the content is also up on BikeRadar, I still think it's worth it - it's a good read and there are times when I just don't feel like looking at a PC screen after 8 hours working in front of one...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I subscribe to Pro Cycling, quality.
    CW is a comic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I've been reading Cycling Plus for years and have to say there's nothing new in it anymore. There's only so much that can be said about bikes and I get the feeling that C+ have exhaused already. With the amount of free resourse on the web it has become irrelevant IMHO

Arrived yesterday, 17 days after supposed publication. New one will be out in a week or so, but we won't see it until about Christmas :rolleyes:.

Arrived yesterday, 17 days after supposed publication. New one will be out in a week or so, but we won't see it until about Christmas :rolleyes:.

Ditto, arrived yesterday, half of it has been up on bikeradar for ages...

El Tonto, I can see what you're saying, but I feel that I'm green enough to not have read it all -I quite like the classic rides articles, and the reviews are generally good -good sunglasses one in this issue.

I do think that once this sub is up I'll not bother renewing though

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

El Tonto, I can see what you're saying...

Twas el tel, not me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I started a thread on Bikeradar a few months ago. No one gave a fiddlers.

el tonto wrote: »
    Twas el tel, not me.

Goddamn multiple El's :)

Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

On Saturday I discovered that my da chucked out over 4 years worth of C+ back issues! I found that I read them more than the newer ones.

Ditto, arrived yesterday, half of it has been up on bikeradar for ages...

El Tonto, I can see what you're saying, but I feel that I'm green enough to not have read it all -I quite like the classic rides articles, and the reviews are generally good -good sunglasses one in this issue.

I do think that once this sub is up I'll not bother renewing though

Ditto. Useful to have a year under the belt as reference, then pick up the occasional one in the shops if it looks interesting.

Advertisement