Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house is a mess

Options
  • 18-06-2008 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

I work as a childminder minding one baby in babys own home.

The baby is a great sleeper, sleeping for two naps during the day. When baby is sleeping i do a general quick tidy up of the house - i'd tidy sitting room, kitchen, make beds and do laundry.

Theres somes days after doing all this work baby is still sleeping. Theres a few corners in the house thats a complete mess ut one in particular is annoying me. I'd say it used to be a toy corner before i came to mind baby but its a mess now.

Anyways i'm wondering would the parents mind if i attacked some corners cleaning and tidying them up from time to time whenever i get a chance. Would ye mind if your childminder attacked your house cleaning it when your kids are asleep.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭darling.x

Or should i ask the parents for more jobs when baby is asleep and see what they need/want done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I would love if my childminder tidied up for me.

The only person I dont like tidying my house is my mother in law.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Most parents of a young baby would be happy, but I would double check before tackling bigger jobs, just in case. If it were me I would be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Your Hired !! , when can you start :D:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

darling.x wrote: »
    Anyways i'm wondering would the parents mind if i attacked some corners cleaning and tidying them up from time to time whenever i get a chance.

Why not just ask them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I would have no problem at all with that, in fact I go as far as saying I'd be bloody delighted :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Quality wrote: »

i think every one feels like that about their inlaws

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭van damme

Hi Darling.X, you sound like the solution to all our childminding worries!!! Fancy a job??!!!
    Probably just best to mention to the parents, but I'm sure they'd only be too happy. Totally agree about the inlaws - my mother is the worst, always making comments when she calls over (your grass is very long, surfaces need a good dusting etc etc)!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

I'm sure parents won't mind, but you should ask. Also remember you do not have to be busy the entire time you are there. Your primary role is minding the baby, and a little light housework. You are entitled to some down time during your working day too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

be careful not to be takin for granted tough. if you'r too nice, over time the cleanin could be just expected

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Definitely ask first... Dont get me wrong i would be really happy if it lightened my load...

but i would prefer if i was consulted first....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Quality wrote: »

My mother-in-law minds my 2 older children and tidies the house for me, which I'm delighted about.
    But I was mortified when I saw she tidied the walk-in-wardrobe - she had all my husband's side tidied, did some of mine then obviously stopped when (actually I'm not going to say what was there as my brothers are on Boards and know who I am!!)
    To answer the OP, it can be an invasion of privacy to be tidying away their personal belongings, but I'm sure they'd be delinghted to return to a tidy house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Darling, you're well named! What a sweetie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

You should like an angel but in all honesty they really should pay you a little extra if you are doing that type of thing. Have a word with them and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

kelle wrote: »
    My mother-in-law minds my 2 older children and tidies the house for me, which I'm delighted about.
    But I was mortified when I saw she tidied the walk-in-wardrobe - she had all my husband's side tidied, did some of mine then obviously stopped when (actually I'm not going to say what was there as my brothers are on Boards and know who I am!!)
    To answer the OP, it can be an invasion of privacy to be tidying away their personal belongings, but I'm sure they'd be delinghted to return to a tidy house!

lol now my mind is boggling...:confused::eek: :D

OP I would ask them if they would like you to do some extra tidying first. There are parts of my house that I would be mortified if anyone saw let alone take it upon themselves to tidy! But I'd say a toy corner that is in general public view should be ok.

Advertisement