Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I POD Car accerories

Options
  • 18-06-2008 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

I got the wife an I POD for her bithday now she's looking for something to hook it up to her jeep to play through her stereo maybe any idea's. Thanks a bunch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

get the giffen cigarette charger FM tranmitter around €60. good strong signal and stero sound. and also balances the sound and charges the ipod. I got mine in golden disks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xashx

i just got one on Saturday in Halfords. its great too! Only €21.99 and made by Belkin - it charges too which is a great advantage and up until i was looking for one i thought they all did that but turns out they dont. you just plug into cigarette charger and tune into a weak station such as 88.00fm and away she goes ! :) Argos have a good selection of them too.

p.s. my ipod is a 2nd generation ipod NANO (long and thin) but if hers is a different style such as 3rd generation or the bigger one again your looking at a more expensive range...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Another more complicated option is something like the Harman Kardon Drive and Play.

FM transmitters are handy, but it seems a shame to only ever get radio quality at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xashx

so true! i have it a couple of weeks now and i find it hard to keep it nice ands clear, constantly fiddling with it - so annoying!

Don't suppose you have a tape deck in your car? The tape adapters give a better sound and only cost a few quid.

There are a good few kits you can get which will connect the iPod to the back of your head unit, but it depends on what kind of stereo you have. I got the one I linked to above, but I don't think I have the right connections on my stereo to install it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I had that Belkin one for the 2G Nano and thought it was very poor. Have an Xtrememac one now and find it much better but still nowhere near CD quality or even radio station quality.

bucks73 wrote: »
    Have an Xtrememac one now and find it much better but still nowhere near CD quality or even radio station quality.

But surely the best you could possibly hope for is radio quality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Nam_Man

www.dension.com

They have an irish supplier who will fit a Dension Gateway 100 unit to the car stereo hence you will no longer be able to use the cd tray! €199

Will play your ipod through your stereo & charge it ... !!

A tad bit costly ... Or you could refit a new headunit ...

# Sony CDX GT44ID €139.99 Free fitting Halfords .... Play ipod

Or

# Sony MEX BT 3600U ~ Bluetooth & Ipod player €239.99 Halfords.

" I have done all the homework but as yet have not bought any of them "

~ Hope this helps you out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

this is what I got installed:

ipod55.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

thanks guys for nall the advice and tips
    Ive shown her all the posts but like all good wimen she cant make up her mind :)
    ye know yerself
    Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

+1 for the Dension - I bought mine off eBay.
    iPod is in the boot, plugged into dension, plugged into the cd changer input.
    Have complete control from the head-unit - with your first 5 playlists being cd1, cd2 etc.
    Nam_Man wrote: »
    www.dension.com

They have an irish supplier who will fit a Dension Gateway 100 unit to the car stereo hence you will no longer be able to use the cd tray! €199

Will play your ipod through your stereo & charge it ... !!

A tad bit costly ... Or you could refit a new headunit ...

# Sony CDX GT44ID €139.99 Free fitting Halfords .... Play ipod

Or

# Sony MEX BT 3600U ~ Bluetooth & Ipod player €239.99 Halfords.

" I have done all the homework but as yet have not bought any of them "

~ Hope this helps you out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Loveless wrote: »
    this is what I got installed:

ipod55.jpg

Looks good ......and I like your musical taste !

Grant McLennan - RIP (still revered and much missed)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 thor17

looks great, exactly what is the name of the kit, who makes it and where can they be purchased?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jezza Clark

Yeah i agree with you, the dension kits are very good quality. I used to have one a while ago, it was the Ice>link plus i believe they are now called the Gateway 100? i have currently got the Dice kit in my car i chose it over the dension because it shows track info.... but other than that it works pretty much exactly the same as the old one i had.

I also installed mine to the dashboard with a brodit clip, it attaches to the dashboard then you drill into the brodit clip instead of the dash (saves ruining the car ;))

i got it all from http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk for about £130 inc VAT and Del. i installed it my self which i found very easy you only have to remove the headunit and plug in the harness... then feed through the rest of the kit. I'd def recommend this kit, i love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

great idea OP. having the IPOD means no more storing 10 CDS in the glove box!!!

I am luck enough that my jeep had both a tape deck and cd player so i just got one of those tape adaptors and plugged it into the ipod and hey presto.
    also, if the radio isnt great yu could change it to one that had a usb slot and plug the ipod in.

Advertisement