Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artists that you HATE (that everybody else likes!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

But IINM that was originally a Dusty Springfield song, you're downing a legendary singer, how dare thee! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Gunner5

Manic Street Preachers - do not understand the hype

His voice just wrecks my head:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Oasis!!!
    Complete overrated ****E! Complete twats of people aswell those Gallagher brothers are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

U2
    REM
    Radiohead
    Manics
    Oasis
    Bob Marley
    Scooter
    Macy Gray
    David Gray
    Paddy Casey
    Damien Rice

ASLAN!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

U2
    The Kooks
    Kaiser Chiefs
    The Thrills
    Sigur Ros
    Tom Waits :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 askmysack

Kaiser Chiefs.

Fat saps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 askmysack

Oh, and Linkin Park.

Shame on QOTSA for supporting them. It would even be embarrising if Linkin Park supported them, but the other way around is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

U2
    Arcade Fire
    Tom Jones
    Aslan (at least you know when they're playing a gig the streets are a safer place...joke)
    Robbie Williams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

It seems that everyone already hates U2 and Oasis...

Should they be eligible for this rather stupid thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Are U2 the new Beatles? I dont hate either of them but I dont like them either. I have been physically assaulted for saying I dont like the Beatles (well a girl punched me in the arm - actually i kinda enjoyed it - I digress).

As somebody pointed out already its only artists that people say are good
    Nobody actually likes Scooter, Aslan etc.

As they say in Timbalands world lets keep it real (shoulder bounces glassheart)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Never really got the whole Muse thing myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

.........inhales for a rant.....

U2
    Arctic Monkeys
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Beatles
    The Kooks
    Coldplay
    Neyo
    The Ting Tings
    Duffy
    Scooter
    Nelly Furtado
    Black Eyed Peas
    Madonna
    Nickelback
    Westlife

........anything in the charts at the moment really. And all that new wave of british cr@p that we're getting pumped daily. (There are new versions of these bands coming out of the wood work every five minutes, can't remember the names of them all!)

So..........wheeze wheeze. Yeah. I like "stuff".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Glassheart wrote: »
    It seems that everyone already hates U2 and Oasis...

Should they be eligible for this rather stupid thread?

No they dont...I like U2 and Oasis....but then people become flabbergasted when i say i like rock music but HATE green day

I'm adding McFly to this "rather stupid thread" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Cascada and Basshunter really do my head in. Every second ringtone you hear these days is one of either of these. Grrr!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

chin_grin wrote: »
    Beatles

Even though I would be very willing and happy to excrete all over the Beatles earlier albums, example A Hard Days Night (more like a hard time listening to this sobby shìte), once they reached Revolver, I dare say one should be able to at the very least appreciate them for the innovation, mostly the way they could still make the songs innovative but not just completely random.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i think its important that we incluse artists that are well know enough to qualify as being very popular but who we happen to hate
    the likes of DUFFY is not around long enough or even big enough to qualify and westlife are hated by all who love music and even by most people , you have to remember that girls only make up 51% of the population and id hedge a bet that only 60% of girls like westlife so they dont count either

anyway heres my list

AC/DC, there absolutly nothing to them
    jay z , cant understand what the gorgeous beyoncess sees in him either
    the who
    david gray
    all those indie bands from this decade( i like lots of indie bands from the 90,s) who sound english but are not nesscerilly english
    the killers , the hives , arcade fire etc , you know the kind im talking about
    bruce springstien
    bon jovi , have you ever noticed that those who love bon jovi aways love brian adams too
    brian adams , i know hes as naff as canada but like bon jovi , hes very popular among those who dont like music
    def lepard , only slightly cooler than bon jovi although there not even popular anymore
    meat loaf , on the upside , i like him as an actor
    mariah carey , apart from her amasing breasts , whats to like , oh wait i answered my own question
    coldplay , i can listen to some of the songs , just hate them as people
    nickelback , oh wait , there almost universally hated, forget them

cant think of any more right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

ASLAN!!!!!

Here ****ing here.

Despite not intending to run into them, they are so ubiquitous in their touring of Dublin pubs and nightclubs I have accidently attended at least three of their gigs. Attending an orange march after party whilst wearing a Celtic jersey is safer than an Aslan gig.

Anyway....

Outkast. Their first album in 1993/94 was amazing, the lyrics are top, beats superb, but everything they have done post 2000 is utter sh1te, yet they keep getting away with it because critics throw around terms like "innovative" and "original". Im honetly sure Ive never read a bad review of their work despite the cack they make these days. It`s only original because nobody else dared come out with such sh1t as Prototype.

Kanye West- another critically lauded half wit. For every great tune like We Dont Care, Golddigger and Jesus Walks, you have five New Workout Plans and Touch the Sky. Some of the lyrics are god awful, yet, like Outkast, he is acclaimed as the thinking mans rapper.

Coldplay. Depressing.

The Killers. Shocking lyrics.

Daft Punk. Hate all their stuff.

Nirvana/Chemical Romance/*insert recommended listening for effeminate teenage boys wearing odd clithes here*. All complete and utter toss, Weird Als parody of Teen Spirit sums it up really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Two of the best bands to see live if you like being bored to tears. WOW, like WOW.

Fixed it for you. Muse are not one of the best bands to see live. Pretentious freddie mercury wannabes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah i dont get the muse thing either. and all those damien/david/paddy rice/kitt/dempsey/casey types make me want to stab strangers. jape fuuckin rocks though. and the kooks, razorlight and all those skinny english bands also tend to promote ideas of random violence in my head. and modern r&b. all of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Pretty much every artist who's in the pop charts nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

shane86 wrote: »
    Kanye West- another critically lauded half wit. For every great tune like We Dont Care, Golddigger and Jesus Walks, you have five New Workout Plans and Touch the Sky. Some of the lyrics are god awful, yet, like Outkast, he is acclaimed as the thinking mans rapper.

Amen to that. Has he actually released anything that didn't sample someone elses work? He's a lazy covering bastard. Absolute shite.

Golddigger is the most irriatatingly crap song of this century.
    Fixed it for you. Muse are not one of the best bands to see live. Pretentious freddie mercury wannabes.

Lol Muse sound nothing like Mercury/Queen, and have never once pretended to.

Have you seen them live? If you think that's boring then maybe you should avoid live music.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

never got to grips with u2 at all..i turn off the radio if theyre played..i cant explain it ,i just hate their music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I agree with Muse. Just find the lead singers voice very annoying, and the music does nothing for me either.
    I did think, they were quite good live though, despite not likeing the music.

i forgot to mention the STEREOPHONICS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

longshanks wrote: »
    yeah i dont get the muse thing either. and all those damien/david/paddy rice/kitt/dempsey/casey types make me want to stab strangers. quote]

If you don't like Damien Dempsey's music then that's fair enough but putting him in the same basket as those other boring peasants is a bit unfair.
    The only thing they have in common is their nationality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,135 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Dire Straits - Fúcking awful band. Without a doubt have the worst rhythm section of all time and just generally shít songs. I really have no idea how they're so popular.

Also Green Day. Pure shít.

Just after seeing them on tv, add the Jam to that list.

The Ramones

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Shane Magowan. In any of his guises (pogues,popes,etc.). A revolting creature of very limited ability kept relevant by backward ghoulish car crash wreck fans.
    The Who. Daltrty runs a trout farm. That's about right for him.
    Jeff Buckley. Dead...but that didn't even stop him.

the corrs
    possibly the blandest band of all time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

irish_bob wrote: »
    the corrs
    possibly the blandest band of all time

These gob****es covered Jimi Hendrixs "Little Wing" if im not mistaken, which to me is the equivalent of ****eing all over his grave.....makes me mad, very mad indeed :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

the manic street preachers.

Hearing his voice makes me want to rip my ears off.

Whiny pr1ck

Advertisement