Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artists that you HATE (that everybody else likes!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I got dragged along to a Wolfe Tones gig once, years ago. Worst night out I've ever had, sh1te music and the place full of RA-heads. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Zaph wrote: »
    I got dragged along to a Wolfe Tones gig once, years ago. Worst night out I've ever had, sh1te music and the place full of RA-heads. :(
    Ha, a nightclub on the wrong side of where I live (I live in east east east Cavan), in other words Monaghan, called the Fiddlers in Carrickmacross. It's the places' 25th Anniversary this weekend, and it has two fùcking huge and I mean HUGE tri-colours hanging out side it, and I found out why... guess who's playing on it's anniversary night tomorrow? :( :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Estelle
    Oh I can't stand her. Can't sing can't rap and is so full of herself it's unreal. I look forward to when her 15 minutes are over. I read someone comparing her with Lauryn Hill - bull****. Like comparing Man Utd. with.....I dunno, some crap team.

She said a load of ****e about how Duffy and Adele are only successful because they're white and that it's not "her" music (i.e. only black people should be allowed sing soul.)
    Then I read an interview in Q where they questioned Adele about it and she said "If she was an artist I cared about, that inspired me I'd be like Aaargh! But I don't listen to Estelle. I'm not inspired by Estelle. Therefore I don't care."
    My respect for Adele increased a lot after reading that! :D
    Other Irish artists I can't stand:

Damien Rice
    Paddy Casey
    Damien Dempsey
    Paul Brady
    Declan O'Rourke
    Duke Special
    Republic of Loose

I agree that 6 of those 7 are crap (I like Duke Special)
    Paul Brady has always annoyed me - why is he so acclaimed?

Paddy Casey
    Yeah, I know what you mean... I tryed throwing one of his albums onto the ground but it didn't work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

yeah all diddley-dah claptrap,very boring indeed,and im a celtic supporter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

more naff nationalists than ra heads i imagine

seriously , the wolf tones blow , id perfer go see boyzone , not westlife though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I forgot to say Rage Against the Machine. My god I hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Kold wrote: »

CH€ GU€VARA.

I hate them myself, because they give two fingers to a system they were happy enough to take advantage of (MTV, Major label releases etc.)

Kold wrote: »
    There music is class, good tempo and gets you going! The video for "Sleep Now in the Fire" is very good, and you know rightly that the reporter at the end who said "A band called 'the Machine Rages On', eh, 'Rage Against The Machine' - that band, is anti-family and pro-terrorist!!!", you can just tell he's Republican!!! :D

I don't like the music at all, Zach de la Rocha is a joke in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Good thread.....but there's a lot to list:

Kaiser Chiefs - Awful, awful ****e. The singer, to be fair, gives it socks on stage but they're crap. End of story.

The Frames/Glen Hansard - The 2nd most over-rated band and musician in Ireland.

Most of the Irish singer/songwriter crowd. BORING. Damien Rice I'm talking about you!

U2 - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Most over-hyped band in the world.

Fratellis - Duh-duh-duh-duh........ pass me the bucket.

The obvious mass-produced boy/girl band drivel of boyzone, westlife, sugababes etc etc

99.999999% of all British Indie ****e. Paul Weller should be crucified for his part.

Aslan - skanger attack

50 Cent - can't rap, mumbles.

Eminem - Haven't heard his music in years.I don't care for it but he should be punished for being a daily inspiration to scumbags.

Nickelback/Puddle of Mudd -All that corporate rock stuff

I have to stop, getting angry.... haha

It's not too bad, my exposure to all of the above is minimal thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

REM. Bed wetting music.
    Amy Whitehouse. No talent. No sense. No point.
    Coldplay. (See REM).
    Duffy. Yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Rihanna - sounds like a strangling cat and sings through her nose

Christy Moore/Planxty - just hate that whole genre

The Kooks - people who deliberately exaggerate their accent while singing should be strung up

The Ting Tings - she doesn't sing, she just talks

The Beatles - boring, boring, boring

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

MADONNA!!!! AHH CANT STAND HER:mad:

ac/dc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Parrish_Crooks

Eminem, KATE fcukin NASH, Natasha Bedingfield, Usher, Chris Brown, Babyshambles, Red Hot Chilli Peppers

EDIT: Jack Johnson, pr1ck!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I'm going to leave out general genre bashing because I'm not into hip hop/R n' B and others so there's no point listing bands I don't like in those genres.

U2 - early years ok but boring drivel for a long time now
    Prince - I don't get it
    Barry White
    Damien Rice
    Rolling Stones - too many of their songs sound the same
    Limp Bizkit - so many other less successful bands doing the same thing so much better :mad:
    Weezer
    Blink 182
    Jack L
    Jack Johnson

Some of those have song(s) that I do like but for the most part I can't listen to any of their dull rubbish. There's plenty more I could list but that will do for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

irish_bob wrote: »
    ac/dc

Oh yeah forgot about them. Yer man's voice goes right through my head. Can't listen to an AC/DC for more than 5 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭dave.omeara

Guns & Roses,
    Frank Sinatra,

Well with Frank I think it's more the fact that every few months someone brings out a CD trying to be the next Sinatra, and that really is annoying. It's made we hate the original. Petty but hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

U2
    The National
    The Kaizer Chiefs
    Bruce Springsteen
    Bob Dylan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Guns & Roses,
    Frank Sinatra,

Well with Frank I think it's more the fact that every few months someone brings out a CD trying to be the next Sinatra, and that really is annoying. It's made we hate the original. Petty but hey.

Sinatra, by all accounts, was a total wanker. His songs suck balls too. If I hear My Way one more time.....

I must admit the amount of british bands with those skinny jeans and fck-all talent annoys me...the kooks were okay but theyve created a monster imo

Sinatra, by all accounts, was a total wanker. His songs suck balls too. If I hear My Way one more time.....

I must admit the amount of british bands with those skinny jeans and fck-all talent annoys me...the kooks were okay but theyve created a monster imo

i think frank sinatra is the greatest performer of all time and way cooler than elvis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Can't believe they've only been mentioned once.

Dave Grohl(sch) and the Poo Biters.
    He's gotten his new name because he drinks a sixpack during every song, starting out singing and ending up shouting at the top of his lungs. By the third beer, he's forgotten any of the lyrics and just shouts out the main line of the chorus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

muse - poor mans radiohead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 skippi90

I'd say it the other way around theses days , radiohead are a poor mans muse... although muse arent great and radiohead have slowly turned to ****e album by album, no wonder they gave their las album away for free!!!

I despise U2.... the edge playing jingle bells in a different key drenched in reverb for every song.. bings bings bong.. somebody shoot him

Although they are original.. problem is their ****e... most irish bands just rip off another artist and make it so obvious it impossible not to notice.. just look at their influences and the song are rip offs.. they're supposed to be influences not guide tracks you retards...

My major one is Paddy fu*kin Casey
    I dont get it
    Anyone can write a song..anyOne can write a song.. just make it rhyme you cant go wrong... like any paddy casey song!!! that ****er should be hung for his terrible guitar playing covered in a 4 year old childs poetry. if he cant find a rhyme he repeats the line. i hope that one trick pony gets AIDS!!!

That felt good...AAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'd say Muse have no place being uttered in the same sentence as Radiohead...

Is anybody else anti-English-Indie-Kid??? I hate those bastards, and their music!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Shaggy - what a pr*ck!! absolute 100% grade A crap! His voice annoyes the hell out of me!

Il throw in Sean Paul for the same reasons, not a big fan of that type of music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

skippi90 wrote: »
    i hope that one trick pony gets AIDS!!!
    Uncalled for, imho.

Arctic Monkeys -it's just noise
    The Blizzards - they're just shît
    Muse - I don't actually hatethem, just think they're highly over-rated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

U2 - Bono is a sack and a bad singer. Too much sighing and moaning.
    Muse - Very overrated
    Thin Lizzy - Can't stand them
    Kings of Leon - Don't hate them, they are very good just not as good as everyone makes out. *Runs away*

Advertisement