Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artists that you HATE (that everybody else likes!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

TOOL - No time for them at all.

An interesting one, 'cause in theory I should love them - rock band who like to play with odd time signatures, base songs around the Fibonacci Sequence, they obviously have a very good grasp of theory and know what they're doing.... But why is their music so annoying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 a face in the crowd

i hate all the diva who use to full extent of their vocal range to hammer out one word eg. Mariah Carey, Celine Dion........

Michael Bolton Michael bubbly.......

All them tinie boppers like justin bebo, the jonas bros and hanah montana......

And car alarm music........hate that car alarm music ........

great saying that..... the missus and the kids would disagree though hahahha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 youngcardinal

Lady Gaga, Florence and The Machine, La Roux.
    Not too fond of The Killers, Kings of Leon or Arctic Monkeys.
    And I'll probably get skinned for this but I don't like The Beatles, I find their music really boring :/

And I'll probably get skinned for this but I don't like The Beatles, I find their music really boring :/

I would've been with you here a few months ago, but I became friendly with a massive Beatles fan who understood where I was coming from and said he'd make me a mixtape of their 'good stuff'. And he was right! Now I still don't understand the Beatles-worshipping thing, but they did a lot of interesting things ahead of their time. I haven't listened to any albums start-to-finish, so I can't really comment on what exactly their 'good stuff' is. But the white album seems to have a lot of tracks on it from my mixtape that helped change my mind.

And car alarm music........hate that car alarm music ........

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 youngcardinal

El Pr0n wrote: »
    I would've been with you here a few months ago, but I became friendly with a massive Beatles fan who understood where I was coming from and said he'd make me a mixtape of their 'good stuff'. And he was right! Now I still don't understand the Beatles-worshipping thing, but they did a lot of interesting things ahead of their time. I haven't listened to any albums start-to-finish, so I can't really comment on what exactly their 'good stuff' is. But the white album seems to have a lot of tracks on it from my mixtape that helped change my mind.

Yeah I've only really listened to their more known songs, I could give them a second chance though haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hon pa

M&S* wrote: »
    Lil Wayne.... The only thing he got right was that he is infact very small!

Seriously though is his voice auto tuned to be that annoying and the lyrics!

She she lick me like a lollipop? Yeah right!:rolleyes:

Another one actually, Cheryl Cole! Horrible HORRIBLE voice I just can't stand it! People always disagree with this saying her voice is fine but they've only ever heard radio versions of her songs...

Now I'm not a fan of Cheryl Cole by any means, but she has got a decent live voice in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 huggy

the script

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Hokuto wrote: »
    Lady Gaga
    I just can't bring myself to listen to her 'songs', even if I tried. Find the songs repetitive and irritating and make my blood boil.

+1
    Does my head in. Baby talk as lyrics in one song ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Dazd_N_Confusd

An interesting one, 'cause in theory I should love them - rock band who like to play with odd time signatures, base songs around the Fibonacci Sequence, they obviously have a very good grasp of theory and know what they're doing.... But why is their music so annoying?
    Yeah I used to love them. I'll listen to them now and then but they've definitely went down in my estimation, mainly because of Maynard.

If Danny Carey, Adam Jones and the bassist were to form a prog metal side project with no whiny vocals it would be something that would interest me very much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 a face in the crowd

:confused:

car alarm music= techno........ listened to alot of it in my youth and never took to it really.... more interested in playing guitar ....having said that i'll pay tribute to kraftwerk the daddies of techno.......bit of a music buff...........

car alarm music= techno........ listened to alot of it in my youth and never took to it really.... more interested in playing guitar ....having said that i'll pay tribute to kraftwerk the daddies of techno.......bit of a music buff...........

I think a lot of people tar a lot of great artists with the same brush as Tiesto et al. Electronic music is one of the few genres with genuine innovation happening. Autechre, Aphex Twin, Venetian Snares, etc. And without the older guys like Kraftwerk, modern music wouldn't be the same at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

I think a lot of people tar a lot of great artists with the same brush as Tiesto et al. Electronic music is one of the few genres with genuine innovation happening. Autechre, Aphex Twin, Venetian Snares, etc. And without the older guys like Kraftwerk, modern music wouldn't be the same at all.

Definitely agree with that! The sub genres are all pretty diverse as well, love Drum n Bass artists like Netsky and such. Not a huge fan of dubstep but I love to see new styles like it morph and evolve.

Like the dude up there I also used to be a meat and potatoes guitar rockin' man, but really started to love Electronic music over the last few years. Songs like Strobe by Deadmau5, Idealistic by Digitalism and Starlight by Netsky were the ones that did it for me. :cool:

back to the topic, I don't like Lady Gaga much either.
    Like what's the deal with her revealing more and more of her face as her popularity grows? Papparazzi though ain't bad I'll admit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 studybuddy1

Lil wayne and all his ****ing hanger ons.
    U2,Insane clown posse and the rolling stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Kings of Leon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

Makaveli wrote: »
    It's quite hard to think of anyone I hate that most people like, which is the point of the thread, not just naming artists we hate for the sake of it.

Kings of Leon would be a fairly popular band that I just don't like at all. I can't stand the way your man sings.

I completely agree. The guy honks his way through songs.
    Awful.

I'm surprised to see Radiohead hated so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I'm surprised to see Radiohead hated so much.

I like Radiohead but I do accept there's a bit of a Marmite thing going on with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm baffled by the Michael Bublé love - find him truly, truly horrendous...

Paolo Nutini I don't find as crap, but I don't like him either and cannot understand the acclaim there is for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Stereotypical 'rawk' bands like AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Motorhead and Guns 'n' Roses just bore the piss out of me. And their hardcore fans are even worse. Try to be a bit more adventurous people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Zero1986 wrote: »
    Stereotypical 'rawk' bands like AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Motorhead and Guns 'n' Roses just bore the piss out of me. And their hardcore fans are even worse. Try to be a bit more adventurous people...

AC/DC are indeed awfull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm baffled by the Michael Bublé love - find him truly, truly horrendous...

Y'just haven't MET himmmm yet!

*jumps off bridge*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

u2 ! Well the newer stuff anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

u2 ! Well the newer stuff anyway

Yeah their old stuff much better.
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers in that category also. Stuff from mid 90's way better than their noughties stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

U2
    RHCP
    The Killers

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Yeah their old stuff much better.
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers in that category also. Stuff from mid 90's way better than their noughties stuff

One Hot Minute was muck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Kev O C

Oasis and Kasier Chiefs

Dunno why, Just do. I'll admit I like some of their songs but their personality seems to piss me off and I can't think why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bill2673

Number one by some distance is Nick Cave, pretentious self-loving git.

Number two, for sheer ability to put me to sleep is Pink Floyd.

Number three for tantalising us with great music before going on the have an entire career of bull......Radiohead (since OK Computer)

Bill2673 wrote: »
    Number three for tantalising us with great music before going on the have an entire career of bull......Radiohead (since OK Computer)

I think their best work is OK Computer and after. Kid A and Amnesiac are incredible albums, for me. What about the middle-late stuff don't you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bill2673

I think their best work is OK Computer and after. Kid A and Amnesiac are incredible albums, for me. What about the middle-late stuff don't you like?

Horses for courses. I found OK Computer a bit forced, and a bit too 'progressive'.....as in 'prog rock' progressive, where they concentrated on writing long, challenging works or art and forgot about writing decent tunes. There choice of course. And also, it got so bloody depressing with them. Their songs are real downers. The first two albums had some very uplifting songs, like 'anyone can play guitar'.....there was none of that on OK Computer.

• Advertisement

Bill2673 wrote: »
    Horses for courses. I found OK Computer a bit forced, and a bit too 'progressive'.....as in 'prog rock' progressive, where they concentrated on writing long, challenging works or art and forgot about writing decent tunes. There choice of course. And also, it got so bloody depressing with them. Their songs are real downers. The first two albums had some very uplifting songs, like 'anyone can play guitar'.....there was none of that on OK Computer.

I don't get people criticising them for being 'depressing'. They wrote songs about serious things, and they got serious about music too. If that's not your bag alright, but I don't get why so many people slate them for doing what they wanted to do with their art. 'Decent tunes' is so subjective, and such a simplistic way to look at music.

Advertisement