Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artists that you HATE (that everybody else likes!!)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm baffled by the Michael Bublé love - find him truly, truly horrendous...

Paolo Nutini I don't find as crap, but I don't like him either and cannot understand the acclaim there is for him.

A lot of women I know love those 2....but then those same women have horrendous tastes in music :pac:

Add to that list, James Morrisson, James Blunt & Jack Johnson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

Know they've been mentioned previously but Florence & the Machine and Lady GaGa, especially the latter, she makes my ears bleed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Gonna get slated for this but my number one hated artist is The Cure.....i'm sorry but that is not what i call singing. More like a cat being strangled.

Others i loathe would be The Killers and Rihanna (ok maybe only skangers like her but she gets airplay 24/7).

I also hate Mick Flannery's music (depressing monday morning music) and there doesn't seem to be more than three notes to any of James Morrison's songs....god damn awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I've seen Radiohead mentioned a few times here.
    Perhaps I'll add to that.
    I LOVE In Rainbows.
    I hate OK Computer.

I've not tried any of their other albums, but yeah....

As for the thread title, basically sixty percent of my C:\uktop40\ folder where I put the music that I keep in case people tell me play requests. Some of it is just god-awful, but there is some good stuff in the charts sometimes that never gets quite high enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Gnarls Barkley, that song drove me crazy.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

The Beatles: I honestly just dont get them :confused:

Irish trad music: Proper red neck stuff. They are all just cover bands as well

Rihanna: when she is singing it sounds like she is trying to hold in a massive poo.

Coldplay: I like to feel happy when i listen to music not an inch away from jumping off a bridge.

Norah Jones: I cant listen to her without thinking about the type of person who has a dinner party and my mates who are under the thumb from their respective missus's.

Aslan: Skangercity

Republic of Loose: A middle class Aslan

Mumford & Sons: A bit like the Beatles, i just dont get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

I'd have a list as long as my arm if I was to include most of the chart shíte and that, but I really don't get the general collective masturbation over Rage Against The Machine or The Beatles for that matter.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

black eyed peas - hate them with a passion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Radiohead
    The Smiths / Morrissey
    Eminem
    Manic Street Preachers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Just thought of someone who's music a really detest.....Bruce Sprinsteen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Kings Of Leon ... the singer absolutely does my head in and the music is bland, lowest-common-denominator guitar pop. Can't see the appeal of them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Jack White. Has he done anything worthwhile since Elephant? The problem is I love the first four White Stripes albums. But he parades himself around like he's a modern genius, starting a new band every year and never covering any new ground. Even his guitar playing is the same old same old. I wouldn't mind if he was in just one band that wasn't very good, but if you can't keep The White Stripes up to par, why bother with The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Jack White. Has he done anything worthwhile since Elephant? The problem is I love the first four White Stripes albums. But he parades himself around like he's a modern genius, starting a new band every year and never covering any new ground. Even his guitar playing is the same old same old. I wouldn't mind if he was in just one band that wasn't very good, but if you can't keep The White Stripes up to par, why bother with The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather?

Have you seen It Might get Loud with him, the Edge and Jimmy Page? He comes across as a right douche in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭laoishibee

Souljay boy
    Justin bieber
    Jason Derulo
    JLS
    Sean Kingston
    Taoi Cruz

The list shall go on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Justin Bieber
    JLS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 moretea

Michael Buble..Truly awful
    All the **** you hear on 2FM after 8 o clock on a Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

The Cure
    The Smiths
    Morrissey

Cant be doing with any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭spudd

Paddy Casey
    The Frames/ Glen Hansard in general
    Toploader (Dancing in the Moonlight actually hurts my ears)
    Damien Dempsey

Love this thread...also love radiohead though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Smort Kid

JOE JACKSON:eek:

Advertisement