Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brake lever for bullhorn bars

Options
  • 18-06-2008 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

The good folk at hubjub are sending me some shiny new nitto bars for my fixie so I was wondering what the best choice would be for a front brake lever. I'm thinking that I will be mostly riding with my hands on the upturns so an aero lever seems like a good choice.

Any better suggestions?

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have absolutely no idea but bearing that in mind I would suggest time trial levers- the ones that plug into the ends of the bars.

Others may be able to correct me on this (where oh where does the brake cable go...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thesunwashot

yeah they are the aero levers i was on about. I have a feeling the cable goes through the bars??? Best get the drill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dowee

The cable can go through the bars or just along the handlebar (under the bar tape) depending on the type of lever you get. If your handlebars don't already have holes for the cable it'd be best to get the external cable type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I trust they're Nitto handlebars you're getting, in which case for gods sake don't attack them with a drill!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

I've just changed over to a Cane Creek TT brake lever, fitted on Mungo bars, with an external cable run:
    001.jpg
    Works great with the 105 brakes, but feels a bit odd with that loose cable - I'll guess I'll have to fit cork tape at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

rp wrote: »
    I've just changed over to a Cane Creek TT brake lever, fitted on Mungo bars, with an external cable run:
    Works great with the 105 brakes, but feels a bit odd with that loose cable - I'll guess I'll have to fit cork tape at some stage.
    Now that's better:
    002.jpg

Advertisement