Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issued Helmets

• 18-06-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Ayone know a site where you can buy the new issued helmets? One of the lads has lost thiers and does not want to pay for 2. Cant find it anywhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

m.j.w wrote: »
    Ayone know a site where you can buy the new issued helmets? One of the lads has lost thiers and does not want to pay for 2. Cant find it anywhere.
    some how i don,t think your going to get a kevlar helmet on the net and be sent out in the post!!!!!! customs will probably hold it, how the hell did he lose his helmet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

how the hell did he lose his helmet

Ebay:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

some how i don,t think your going to get a kevlar helmet on the net and be sent out in the post!!!!!! customs will probably hold it, how the hell did he lose his helmet

He should have no problems getting a helmet into the the country, they're not illegal to import or possess.

You'll have a hard time finding the issue helmet for sale, I don't know anyone selling them abroad. You might find something similar, but it'll be dear and you've no guarantee it'll pass for what's been lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

How old is his helmet?.

Although Ordnance can not be wrote off (due to FWT) your friend should be able to have a chunk of the repayment knocked off due to 'fair wear and tear'.

But I'll correct myself slightly, ordnance can be wrote off as a training loss but its unlikely your mate's CQ will do this.

Failing all that, if its the older type there's lots available on eBay. Its the same issue as the Israeli helmet.

If its the new type (shaped like the old German/Nazi & the current US army issue) he's unlikely to find one too easy, or cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Skyhawk1990

Just a little off topic. What's the difference between the US helmet and the new issue helmet?

• Advertisement

Just a little off topic. What's the difference between the US helmet and the new issue helmet?

You put brains & 'cop-on' in one, and an American in another :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

if you REALLY REALLY want one....

http://www.barang.nl/webshop/product_info.php?products_id=483

€279.00 please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

cushtac wrote: »
    He should have no problems getting a helmet into the the country, they're not illegal to import or possess.

You'll have a hard time finding the issue helmet for sale, I don't know anyone selling them abroad. You might find something similar, but it'll be dear and you've no guarantee it'll pass for what's been lost.
    so the customs would,nt be suspicious of what its for???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Its one of the new ones, think it was lifted down the range on him one day. Only got it a few months ago so wont get anything of it for fair wear and tear. Morpheus is that the exact one yea? He is willing to pay that price for it, better than having to pay for 2

so the customs would,nt be suspicious of what its for???

They can be as suspicious as they like, but so long as it's been bought properly & all relevent duties are paid they have no cause to seize it. There's no law against owning or importing helmets or body armour.

The Irish helmet is supposedly a slight variation on the 303 AU, anyone thinking of buying a 303 AU might want to be mindful of that & check it for any differences.

• Advertisement

Mairt wrote: »
    You put brains & 'cop-on' in one, and an American in another :D

Haha nice one. :rolleyes:

Ok I took photos of two helmets yesterday for you to show you the difference (visually at least).

attachment.php?attachmentid=58193&stc=1&d=1214041011

The American type is lighter than the older Israeli and supposedly offer's more ballistic protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

Where does the RBR PASGT one fit in then? (ie the one I was issued)

http://www.rbrtactical.com/pasgt.php

IIRC, the RBR helmets were initially issued to 3rd Bn for use with the Mowag. When the new helmet got issued they must have been redistributed.

Thanks for going to the trouble but what i ment was the new issue and the american are the same design. is that where the simiarities end or are they basically the same helmet? again thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭dahamster

m.j.w wrote: »
    Its one of the new ones, think it was lifted down the range on him one day. Only got it a few months ago so wont get anything of it for fair wear and tear. Morpheus is that the exact one yea? He is willing to pay that price for it, better than having to pay for 2

if it was stolen why not report it as such. nothing worse than a thief in the lines.

Advertisement