Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The New N3

Options
  • 18-06-2008 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with the new part of the N3? coming from Dunboyne to I think its the rathoth roundabout it's all 60km/h. Is this due to road works? also second thing P1SS1N me off about it....Roundabouts on that road? jesus what were they thinking!? i much rather the old bumpy, no road markings N3 where i could get to dunshaughlin or Vortex in minutes on a nice open road!

Lastly. The junction from dunboyne at the emo garage) joining the N3 is worse off now! its a hair pin bend with a bus lane emerging onto it.

Boo to the transport 21 bo11ox!!!
    *rant over*

Anyone else annoyed about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thats just the temporary N3, the motorway is going over the path of the old N3, and that road will be the local access / non-restricted route once the motorway is built. That junction at the old Emo garage will be replaced. Its all just temporary, very temporary...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

ah i see... so whats gonna happen to the new section they built? use it local too yea? well thats ok then because me thinks roundabouts on a National road was a tad bit stupid. Cheer for clearing things up...
    I reckon this thread should live on for people to bitch about the roads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The new section will be the local road - the old road is being built over.

Advertisement