Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tongue tattoo

Options
  • 19-06-2008 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

warning nsfw
    I was looking around google for tattoo images and came across this subject.
    Its amazing what they can do these days.
    Must be a really painfull to get done,healing time?,how long did take?Etc
    I mean the tattoo in the link is really done well.
    Has anybody had this sort of tattoo done on the tattoo?
    I wouldt mind getting that sort done on my tongue as i used to have mine pierced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Looks photoshopped mate =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

thats some goood photoshop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

yeah that one is photoshoped.
    There is people with tattoos on tongues on google.
    And ive seen alot of bottom lip tattoos.
    I presume that there is tattooists who do tongue tattoos?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Won't hold for longer then a month or so, your tongue doesn't have the same type of covering on it that alllows ink to hold, so it'll just wear off in a short while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah better off just eating a blue mr. freeze or something, way cheaper and no pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Blackjacks FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭*melanie*

well my other half has the inside of his bottom lip tattooed,its a protection symbol,quite small.says it didnt hurt much.but id imagine it would take forever for the tounge to heal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

inside the mouth heals very quickly so i wouldnt say it would be that long. though youd be changing your diet for a while..

i like will's idea the best :D and its sunny out!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

Nah WKD is the best- I get a lovely shade of blue on my tongue from it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

dunno bout a tongue tat but these are pretty sweet!!

dougstat.jpg

thats one of the lads from limerick, he was working as a piercer in a tattoo place and got this while he was there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Blackjacks FTW!

you're fruit salad damo, everyone knows that :D

miss enzo wrote: »
    dunno bout a tongue tat but these are pretty sweet!!

dougstat.jpg

thats one of the lads from limerick, he was working as a piercer in a tattoo place and got this while he was there!
    is that the resident evil logo?
    BCF_logo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Nah, its the standard biohazard symbol. Has been used in the resident evils though.

tongue-tattoo.jpg
    (Happy Face Tongue Tattoo)
    You could get a tattoo in a more visible area of the body, but probably that’s not what you want. It is a matter of personal choice and preference and as such, tongue tattoos are entirely a matter of expression as you like it best. There are plenty of designs to select from apart from the fact that you may want to take along your own design. Since tongue tattoos are size compromised getting very intricate designs is not advisable. This is because such designs would not be as detailed when drawn because the drawing is too close together. As such, instead of having very defined lines, what would be visible to most is a thicker outlined tongue tattoo.
    Another great thing about tongue tattoos is that you may choose to experiment with funky colors. This is popular amongst young takers. For most getting a star or heart drawn at the tip of the tongue suffices. In fact this looks rather trendy and can be quite a fashion statement. The funny thing about tongue tattoos is that those who aren’t very well versed with tattoos are unlikely to envision that you could have a tongue tattoo. As such when you do speak very often someone would tell you there’s something on your tongue!
    Tongue tattoos could be drawn over a slight part of the tongue or you may choose to have your entire tongue tattooed. Choosing darker color pigmentation on your entire tongue can generate mixed reactions from viewers. Tongue tattoos are, in fact, even more popular with people who have a tongue piercing. The tattoo is used to outline or highlight the piercing. They sort of accentuate each other and truly, if you have both on your tongue, it’s unthinkable that your attempt at beautification will go unnoticed. Tongue tattoos could take a long time to complete despite their size limitations because the tongue has to be held in place and kept still for a tattoo artist to complete the job with perfection.
    Since these tattoos are still rather new, it’s possible that not every established tattoo artist will be able to get your job done. It may take a little effort to locate a reputed artist who will tattoo your tongue. The tattooing process however is the same so you need not worry. So, if there’s a little adventurous spirit somewhere in you, let it show. Tongue tattoos are certainly catching on because of its singular appeal, it may not be “just another craze” afterall.
    http://offbeatink.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KhuntChops

Anyone looking for a tongue tatt..look no futher :D

Just throw me a fiver and ill get my magic colouring markers out :p

Hay presto!

KhuntChops wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a tongue tatt..look no futher :D

Just throw me a fiver and ill get my magic colouring markers out :p

Hay presto!
    *sent €5*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KhuntChops

Alan Ford wrote: »
    *sent €5*

Okay little fella... What would you like :D

On a serious note I dont think I woul ever be brave enough to have a tongue tatt done,are you going to get one Alan?

KhuntChops wrote: »
    Okay little fella... What would you like :D

On a serious note I dont think I woul ever be brave enough to have a tongue tatt done,are you going to get one Alan?
    i would like boards.ie on me tongue please!
    As for getting one for real is something id have think about as it may not be a good idea as they dont work well on tongues.

Advertisement